Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

All Season vs Summer tyres (Falken ZE-329 vs Dunlop Direzza DZ101)

Right, now I have had the chance to really test the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin's (225/45/17) in all types of weather over the last 10 days.

In that time I have been between Auckland and Hamilton 5 times, with a mixture of going via the backroads and straight down SH1.

The Adrenalins are excellent, they have given me a new sense of confidence, in the 328's ability to stick to the road, especially in the wet. I have only seen the ASC light on twice in that time (prior to that it was a daily occurance). I am amazed (but this will be as much due to the increase is size over the old tyres) at how much less understeer I am getting than before. There are a few corners that I have really pushed the car through at a speed much higher than I thought I would be able to, and it just sticks and turns, without any fuss or problems.

What they have shown is how tired the suspension is in the car, and what will next receive some treatment to tighten it up again.

As far as road noise is concerned, they are not the quietest tyres I have ever had, but far from the noisiest either.

I am very happy with the choice of them.

Cheers

Grant

Cheers

Grant

Sorry - before the car was on BMW BBS 15" RX's. I bought some 17" (8" wide) BBS RK's, and fitted the Adrenalin's to them (they came with some 225/ 45 17 Hankook Ventus' on it with reasonable tread - I drove on them once, and they were terrible.)

The car before had 195 tyres on it, 2 Bridgestone Turanza's, 1 Nangkang and 1 Dunlop Lemans (these were on it when I bought the car).

Therefore the imrovement is dramatic, however my main review of the Adrenalin's was not meant to be a comparison of what I did have on the 328i (although this will happen by default anyway), but more a general impression of the tyre in comparison to what I have had on other cars before (i.e my 2 E30's, and other current E36).

Cheers

Grant

Why did you go with the 225/45 on the 8's Stock BMW fitment on a 7.5 inch width is 235/40/17

You are semi-right. Sure the early E36 M3's had a stock fitment of 235/40/17 on the 7.5 inch rim. But the later ones (with the staggered set up) had a 225/45/17 on a 7.5 inch front, and a 245/40/17 on a 8.5 inch rear.

I originally was going to use a 235/40/17 tyre on the RK's but after doing some research on the net, and also talking to two different tyre outlets, the recommendation was to run with the 225/45/17's.

Cheers

Grant

would you guys reckon any of these tyres are up to the challenge to keep my car on the road?

really need to do something.with the rain we just had,almost lost it a few times.not to mention the few times

i did.

pants are at dry cleaners.

next on the to do list; weaker wastegate spring <_<

cheers marty

would you guys reckon any of these tyres are up to the challenge to keep my car on the road?

really need to do something.with the rain we just had,almost lost it a few times.not to mention the few times

i did.

pants are at dry cleaners.

next on the to do list; weaker wastegate spring <_<

cheers marty

I put race rubber on to keep my turbo moving in a straight line hah