Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Wheels widths

putting 17x8 17x9 onto my E30 today, have had to run bolt on adaptors due to offset of wheels, will post pics and let everyone know the ins and outs tomorrow hopefully.

Mint, what off-set have you gone with? Also what sort of wheels and whether or not your car is pre f/l or f/l?

Cheers,

Mavrick

245/45's on 16x9's mmmm tasty!!!

A bit bigger than the stock OD but if you "NEED" the rubber.

Posted Image

I have 17x9" rears & 8.5" Fronts on my E30, but it's not even close to stock or sees much road use so I'll STFU

FWIW you can get more than enough tire (235/40) on a 17x7.5" for an E30 with plenty of power.

I ran 225/45R16's for years on the street without issue, in fact, on the street it had more traction then than it does now.

If I were you, rather than spend almost $4k on some wheels, I'd do a 5 lug swap, run the 17x7.5" E36 M3 LTW reps forsale on trademe and do the suspension. Would look fantastic, handle superb and have big brakes.

And I'll bet you'll have change from what you want to spend on the pimpn' work wheels, just my 2c

Edited by E30-323ti

ok guys a 9" wide wheel at 25et will work on the back of a 1988 E30 F/L will prob get away with a 20et as well but 15et will rub,

on the front an 8" will work anywhere from 25 to 15et. Hope this helps everybody!

ok guys a 9" wide wheel at 25et will work on the back of a 1988 E30 F/L will prob get away with a 20et as well but 15et will rub,

on the front an 8" will work anywhere from 25 to 15et. Hope this helps everybody!

With what size tyres?? Skinny little 205's??

Do you have any pic's?

Is it true that the f/l e30s have more room in the rear arches? Or is it just they are shaped differently?

Cheers,

Mavrick

Guest Rick James

Do you have any pic's?

Is it true that the f/l e30s have more room in the rear arches? Or is it just they are shaped differently?

Cheers,

Mavrick

No, it's PRE-FL with more room out back, the arch is cut higher.

alright once and for all, here it is, 17 x 9 at 30ET work on the back of my 88 E30 4 door. Admittedly running 'stretched 215/40/17's. Slight guard rolling also needed. Wheels are actually 35ET but needed a 5mm spacer to clear rear spring plates. 35ET will work but when the car is jacked up they catch on the spring plates. 17x8 at 25Et works mint, again wheels were originally 35ET but am running a 10mm spacer with longer studs. I just wanted 'the look' so please no debates about tyre performance etc. It's not as if the old 320 has a truck load of power. If you like it wicked - if not keep your opinions to yourself :P

The car has been lowered as well so camber tucks the wheels in.

post-1835-1190623301_thumb.jpg

post-1835-1190623341_thumb.jpg

alright once and for all, here it is, 17 x 9 at 30ET work on the back of my 88 E30 4 door. Admittedly running 'stretched 215/40/17's. Slight guard rolling also needed. Wheels are actually 35ET but needed a 5mm spacer to clear rear spring plates. 35ET will work but when the car is jacked up they catch on the spring plates. 17x8 at 25Et works mint, again wheels were originally 35ET but am running a 10mm spacer with longer studs. I just wanted 'the look' so please no debates about tyre performance etc. It's not as if the old 320 has a truck load of power. If you like it wicked - if not keep your opinions to yourself :P

saw that car on trademe and thought....sh*t thats kool :wub:

haha yeah its a little sideline of mine. I have had 4 people wanting to buy the wheels for their own e30's. One guy offered me $1500 + 2 bucket seats, but the wheels took me 6 months to find!!

saw that car on trademe and thought....sh*t thats kool :wub:

so the 17x8 on the front will clear the struts at ET25? do you think they would clear with the larger 51mm struts?

car looks sweet

Guest Rick James

I lvoe your car mate, if it was 325i, i'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake.