Sign in to follow this  
joshuaraolah

exhaust resonator (help)

im currently running with a supersprint exhaust, it sounds great but does not go as loud as i want.. i had gone to a muffler shop the other day and the guy had told me its because of some "silencer" in the middle of my system,

he said i could replace it with a

1) straight pipe or

2) a resonator

whick one should i go with? and if i go with the resonator, what brand should i get?(if brand matters for quality)

thanks guys

i would suggest going to bimmerforums.com and looking for some sound clips, and deciding what you like the sound of. where did you get the exhaust from?

depends if you want sound or performance. performance. straight pipe. im a little rusty on resinators but i cant imagen they would boost your performance. but you may find it hard getting a wof with just one muffler

i would suggest going to bimmerforums.com and looking for some sound clips, and deciding what you like the sound of. where did you get the exhaust from?

the exhaust came with my car, but its not a full system tho.. im pretty lucky huh..hehe :)

Why go louder, smacks of BR, but if you do then unless your 'silencer' is actually a catalytic convertor leave it there and replace the muffler with another resonator.