Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Removing gear wheel from front of Cam Shaft

I'm dismantling my M20 head and need to remove the gear wheel (#4 in the pic) from the front of the cam shaft, i'm not 100% sure of the proper way to do this, can anyone advise please.

Posted Image

Should be 1 bolt through the center, Not sure if its torx or normal hex head. If you have the Motronic motor, after removing the Dizzy cap ( 3 small screws ) and the rotor ( 3 small cap screws ) it should be simple undo the bolt, and remove the washer and locating pin ;)

If its the early motor, two screws to removre the alloy bolck, then the bolt in the center, washer pin etc.

Edited by Hartage

Should be 1 bolt through the center, Not sure if its torx or normal hex head. If you have the Motronic motor, after removing the Dizzy cap ( 3 small screws ) and the rotor ( 3 small cap screws ) it should be simple undo the bolt, and remove the washer and locating pin ;)

If its the early motor, two screws to removre the alloy bolck, then the bolt in the center, washer pin etc.

sweet, thats what i figured from that pic, is good to clear it up. the 2 small screws that hold that alloy block (#8) on appeared at a glance to be part of it.

will tackle it 2moro and see how i go

you n00b

hold the gear wheel with your old cambelt and some vice grips (around the cambelt, not the wheel), undo with an allen key (6mm i think) in lieu of the right size torx

you n00b

hold the gear wheel with your old cambelt and some vice grips (around the cambelt, not the wheel), undo with an allen key (6mm i think) in lieu of the right size torx

thanks gus