Sign in to follow this  
jpp

Opening a E30 boot lid?!?!?!

Someone tried to break into the boot, and stuffed the lock.

I've opened the ski hole in a vain attempt to open it via the wire, but there isn't any!?

Any other methods of getting in there?!? Prehaps just straight drill out the lock?

has it stuffed the central locking on the boot- or did the boot not have central on it anyway? becuase if you can reach the rear of the boot with your arm thru the hole(cant remember if thats poss or not) rip the trim off under the lock, and pull the rod from the central locking up or down?

has it stuffed the central locking on the boot- or did the boot not have central on it anyway? becuase if you can reach the rear of the boot with your arm thru the hole(cant remember if thats poss or not) rip the trim off under the lock, and pull the rod from the central locking up or down?

Yeha, had already tried that with no luck.

So I just unscrewed the boot from inside, then pryed it up, then un-did the lock thats held onto the lid.

So yes, lid is off. Now I can get the actual lock bit out, as its still locked. The car is central locking but does not have the wire rod thing that goes from the power to the button push lock?! I assume it needs one, so, anyone got one? My parts car never had one either?!

If the metal bit has been removed- chances are the push/ pull thing doesnt work anyway?

If the metal bit has been removed- chances are the push/ pull thing doesnt work anyway?

Exactly!? So what I don't understand is, yes, the lock is there, that doesn't connect to anything, and the CL is there, that doesn't connect to anything? Its as if someone has removed it, as it didnt fall off cause its not around.

But yes, thats one dilema. Second and more urgent is, how can I remove the metal part that holds the boot down to the lock? Don't want to cut it off as its in good knick, but will as a last resort, but will still mean I can't attach any other locking but in it as I won't be able to release?

I think that I need to get the key lock part working with the CL mechanism, and go from there yes? (As it should unlock the bit I need to get free???)

Exactly!? So what I don't understand is, yes, the lock is there, that doesn't connect to anything, and the CL is there, that doesn't connect to anything? Its as if someone has removed it, as it didnt fall off cause its not around.

But yes, thats one dilema. Second and more urgent is, how can I remove the metal part that holds the boot down to the lock? Don't want to cut it off as its in good knick, but will as a last resort, but will still mean I can't attach any other locking but in it as I won't be able to release?

I think that I need to get the key lock part working with the CL mechanism, and go from there yes? (As it should unlock the bit I need to get free???)

If the latch is locked - from memory you should be able to duplicate the locking actuator (where the linkage would connect to to release the lock) then push the button. Otherwise drill out the barrell & release that way.

I can supply replacement lock/key assy if you require.

If the latch is locked - from memory you should be able to duplicate the locking actuator (where the linkage would connect to to release the lock) then push the button. Otherwise drill out the barrell & release that way.

I can supply replacement lock/key assy if you require.

I've put in a new lock barrel already, which is in the horizontal position which will allow the CL to work yes? So all I really need is the wire that connects the lock to the Central Locking???

When you had the barrel out, there should have been a small latch on the right side (stick your finger in the hole and feel around) flick it up (from memory) and it should unlatch. My parts car had no barrel and this is how I opened it.

When you had the barrel out, there should have been a small latch on the right side (stick your finger in the hole and feel around) flick it up (from memory) and it should unlatch. My parts car had no barrel and this is how I opened it.

Give this man a pay rise!

Worked perfectly, cheers Chris!

Haha no worries dude, good to know that I could be of assistance :wacko: