Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Ebay LSD's

Working now. Does it only replace the bmw limited slip unit (Part # 33 14 1 209 655), or can you fit this to an open diff aswell to make it LSD?

Group buy chris?

EDIT: On second thoughts after reading reviews online - nah. OBX has shocking reviews Chris - google OBX LSD. Even Honda owners reckon its not as good as OEM Honda.

Edited by bravo

Oh, man you are on a roll today Graham!! or maybe im just not with it :P

Can you buy just the OEM internal LSD unit and fit it to a non LSD?

What are they worth?

Can you buy just the OEM internal LSD unit and fit it to a non LSD?

What are they worth?

Yes you can but cheaper if you buy the ratio you want to save having to get someone to set up backlash etc.I've never heard anything good about OBX.The factory BMW LSD's (atlas) are good when they have extra clutchs added.I personally don't like helical lsds.More stuff to go wrong.I have a contact in the states who deals with e30 lsds and I might be bringing some more over later in the year

"The OBX is a direct copy of the quaife LSD...the problem with the OBX is they way it is assembled. It is assembled poorly and many times not to spec therefore many people do have problems with it. If you do buy the OBX lsd it would be a good idea to take it apart and reassemble it to make sure everything is torqued to spec etc. but other than that it seems to be a pretty decent product for the price"

Edited by Maccoretti

When I buy car parts I don't expect to have to take them apart and make sure they were assembled correctly.

Yes you can but cheaper if you buy the ratio you want to save having to get someone to set up backlash etc.I've never heard anything good about OBX.The factory BMW LSD's (atlas) are good when they have extra clutchs added.I personally don't like helical lsds.More stuff to go wrong.I have a contact in the states who deals with e30 lsds and I might be bringing some more over later in the year

Cheers Darren, I will quite possibly (Almost definatly be keen for an LSD if you are importing them, depending what ratios are availible.)