Sign in to follow this  
Jaredsc

Rear windscreen seals

Just wondering where I can get the black rubber corner seals for my e36's rear window. Other ones

coming apart and at one corner, corner of glass is just about exposed!!! If anyone knows, could they tell me the cost of them and are they reletively easy to replace? Bit worried it may leak, dont need that kind of crap!

From memory the bottom edge and the bottom two corners are one piece and the top, left and right edge is another piece. These kind of things can be bought from a BMW dealer or windscreen glass people (Smith and Smith) and the likes.

Mine doesn't leak but I want to change mine as well as it just doesn't look right rotting like that but hasn't got round to it.

Its not a seal. The window is bonded to the car. The "seal" you are talking about is cosmetic only. New the seal is about $80 from BMW and it can be difficult to fit as from new it is fitted when the glass is fitted. When you take it out you must clean out the excess eurothane (carefully) and in stall the new moulding with lots of lubricant ( dish washing detergent will to the job) Takes a little force to get it in .

Hope this helps

Cheers

Glenn

JC did mine on tha 93.

It was WAY cheaper than what Smith n Smith quoted me.

I had tints, Smith n smith said that don't have insurance for if they drop tha window and break it.... wtf!!

However JC didn't take out tha window....they skillfully managed to take out the side strips, replace, then seal the corners nicely. Think it was about $80 as quoted above.

They did warn beforehand, that it might not work, and they might have to take out tha window.

Hopefully you can get away wit doin what they did, and save yo self some pings!