Sign in to follow this  
tenfifty

323i auto gearbox vibration

Gidday, I have a vibration between 25-35kph. I have meantime managed to 'drive around' this in most situations, but should I continue to nurse this? I have recently purchased (1 mth ago) and it does not concern me too much. However it is an imbalance. Has anybody experienced anything similar. Appreciate comment. This is my first BMW. I really love this car.

yup, mine does this, did it since I bought it, I originally thought it might be the diff, but its definately the auto, mine doesent do it much anymore, seems to happen less and less, but it happens most, when im going uphill, and ONLY in first gear at around 10 - 15kms, otherwise fine, im not worried as my box has been great otherwise since I got it, plus im doing manual conversion sometime in the near future, give your trans, a flush maybe? I havent done this, it may help.

Mine has a similar vibration as well - has done so for the last 20,000 kms and hasnt got any worse. I did notice that it lessened significantly when I took out my low springs and put in the M-tec ones which raised up the rear a bit.

By vibration, are we talking like a small buzzing sound that comes from the automatic shift stick?

Cos mine does it too! Don't know whats wrong with it :-(

The car drives fine though... can't seem to pin point exactly when it buzzes.. only it does.. sometimes..

Thanks a lot everyone. I feel the same (It doesn't bother me too much) in that I will just live with it. It hasn't got worse. It does happen more when going up a hill. It is definetly not through the 'stick shift' but through the drive chain (I think g/box). Will keep you posted if it worsens.

I am sooooo glad I bought it regardless. Ps. what a great site this is.