Sign in to follow this  
bravo

e30 Check Panel Fault?

When I indicate left and depress the brake pedal, the check panel lights up for Rear Lights and License Plate Lights. Indicators, brake lights are working fine. Turn on headlights and rear lights and license plate lights are working fine.

Any ideas?

When I indicate left and depress the brake pedal, the check panel lights up for Rear Lights and License Plate Lights. Indicators, brake lights are working fine. Turn on headlights and rear lights and license plate lights are working fine.

Any ideas?

Ever since I got rear ended last year the check light for the rear lights comes on when I turn the car over then when I indicate right at some point on my trip. Ive had 2 auto electritians look at it, none of them fixed it, one of them actually made it worse......so i'd be interested to know as well.

On my old E30 the rear brake light and the headlight lights would always come on and I took it to a sparky to check if there was in fact anything wrong with them,he said nay and to fix it he would have to find where it's crapping out.So I just lived with it.

Then...

When I serviced the car and went to do the ol' paper clip in diagnostic thing I think I must have stuck them in the wrong holes the first time,it reset itself and worked fine ever since.Can't tell you which ones though...

Any ideas?

Graeme, Cant say Ive struck it but maybe a suspect earth in the rear lamp assy otherwise maybe a faulty lamp failure module in the boot - left side inner guard

Hey thanks mate. That is probably it as in the past I've had a loose connection on the drivers side rear lamp that fixed itself over time. Maybe its just manifesting itself in a different way? I'll look into it.

Does the Si board batteries have anything to do with licence plate light, brake lights etc...?

If so, how long since they been changed graham?

Hey joe,

Batteries changed about a month ago for an unrelated reason. Found another loose connection on one of my tail lights and problem appears to be fixed.

Cheers.

Edited by bravo