Sign in to follow this  
tenfifty

aircon not working

Gidday. Apparently the control panel (according to BMW dealership) needs replacing due to humidity damage to the circuit board. All the control push button lights are active and the unit appears to be functioning, except that the air is not circulating at all. This just happened a day ago. I am in Dunedin for the weekend and asked one of the guys at Cooke Howlison BMW for advice. $400-$500 to fix new panel. Any other advice - before I go ahead with his suggestion? Thanks in advance. dave.

Gidday. Apparently the control panel (according to BMW dealership) needs replacing due to humidity damage to the circuit board. All the control push button lights are active and the unit appears to be functioning, except that the air is not circulating at all. This just happened a day ago. I am in Dunedin for the weekend and asked one of the guys at Cooke Howlison BMW for advice. $400-$500 to fix new panel. Any other advice - before I go ahead with his suggestion? Thanks in advance. dave.

there is a guy on trade me , ( auto sparky ) he fixes these units for $100 .

i think its glen feild auto or some thing like that .

also does abs pumps

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...7045681.htm?p=6Posted Image

Got a MS Word file that outline how to fix that (with pix). It involve some soldering and change a few capacitors. If you are confident in doing those, you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward that to you.

I followed the instructions to fix mine (same symptoms as yours) it's working fine for almost a year since.

there is a guy on trade me , ( auto sparky ) he fixes these units for $100 .

i think its glen feild auto or some thing like that .

also does abs pumps

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...7045681.htm?p=6Posted Image

Cool. I may follow up on that link. In the meantime I took out the unit and wiggled a couple of connection leading to the unit. It is working again - for now anyway. Hope it stays that way. Could have been a loose conx?

Got a MS Word file that outline how to fix that (with pix). It involve some soldering and change a few capacitors. If you are confident in doing those, you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward that to you.

I followed the instructions to fix mine (same symptoms as yours) it's working fine for almost a year since.

It actually started to work again, after I took out the unit and wiggled a few wire connections. Go figure? Hopefully just a gremlin? What instructions are you talking about (as in where to find)? in case it does it again.