Sign in to follow this  
bmaguy

Removal of the rear seat headrests

Hey Guys,

I have just about put all my new interior in my E36,but i am having a bit of trouble with getting the rear headrests out of the back of the car. The headrests don't seem to be just pulling out.

you guys have any idea on how this is dun?

Thanks

You have to knock the metal rails out from inside the boot. Look inside the boot, you'll see 2 holes for each headrest. Put a screwdriver in there, use a mallet/hammer to knock the screwdriver and they should pop out from the inside of the car.

To install, notice the metal rails are held in by locking pins. You need to use a screwdriver to hold the pin back, and at the same time get someone to press the headrests down from the inside. Try to pull them out to make sure they're secure, and you're done.

You have to knock the metal rails out from inside the boot. Look inside the boot, you'll see 2 holes for each headrest. Put a screwdriver in there, use a mallet/hammer to knock the screwdriver and they should pop out from the inside of the car.

To install, notice the metal rails are held in by locking pins. You need to use a screwdriver to hold the pin back, and at the same time get someone to press the headrests down from the inside. Try to pull them out to make sure they're secure, and you're done.

Cool thanks mate,

I'll try that tonight.

Cool thanks mate,

I'll try that tonight.

no , just left rear seat back out , lift up the parcel shelf a little and flick out C clips that hold down the headrests