Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Indycar, Dixon

Such a shame he ran out of fuel on the last corner!!! talk about down to the wire ......

He was leading too and would of won the whole thing! so gutted!! like im actually dark .. haha

Oh really...gutted for him. I dont follow the indy that much but it is always good to see a kiwi out there who knows how to turn right unlike most americans.

Such a shame. That was a team manager f**k up.

nah it was really down to the wire. Dixon lead the race for the last 30 laps, problem was he wasn't drafting, and his drafting partner ran out of gas about 8 laps out, Franchitti stayed back drafting whoever up until the last bit, then pounced. Dixon was stronger but just ran out on the last corner. Was really a luck of the draw thing

Apparently the fuel pressure light came on at turn 3 :( He knew he was in trouble 2 laps before the end.

Yep, got second in the race and championship. Franchitti ran out of gas on his cool down lap, about 3/4 lap after Dixon, it was that close, gutted.

Edited by StylesM5

yeah totally gutted for Scottie, we were watching it live on the net, you have to feel for the man though. I would be spiting tacks at the team managers, how is it that both cars (Dixon & Wheldon) ran out of gas?

:banghead:

*sniff sniff* - I think I smell a conspiracy in here somewhere :P

Edited by zenetti