Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

Locked out of my car...

So im locked out of my car (ironically). This car never ceases to pwn me.

Anyway...

The car went flat. I poped the bonnet (using the release switch) and hooked it up to another car battery as ive done plenty of times. Except this time, the alarm wont unlock the doors. I can see the light unsetting the alarm, and i can set it, and i can hold the button down and set the alarm off, but it wont unlock the doors.

My key doesnt fit either locks. Great. Works on the boot though. Fail.

Any ideas? Box of beer to the person who can solve this for me without spending $150 on a mobile locksmith.

So im locked out of my car (ironically). This car never ceases to pwn me.

Anyway...

The car went flat. I poped the bonnet (using the release switch) and hooked it up to another car battery as ive done plenty of times. Except this time, the alarm wont unlock the doors. I can see the light unsetting the alarm, and i can set it, and i can hold the button down and set the alarm off, but it wont unlock the doors.

My key doesnt fit either locks. Great. Works on the boot though. Fail.

Any ideas? Box of beer to the person who can solve this for me without spending $150 on a mobile locksmith.

Get someone you know to call the AA with their membership number...

AA guys got in..in less than a minute...so that's that solved.

But the problem is, the alarm woudlnt unset the door because someone (i assume) with the actual key for the door (since my key doesnt fit the barrel) has put the deadlock on for the passenger side. I live really close to where I bought it, but I dont have the contact details of the previous owner.

Does anyone know how to check if this is actually the case (i cant pull the lock up, or pull the door handle), how to get around it, or fix it? I thought that when the deadlock was put on, the lock was horizontal as oposed to vertical after normal locking.

Thanks for any help on this.

Still waiting for my beer! ;)

AA guys got in..in less than a minute...so that's that solved.

But the problem is, the alarm woudlnt unset the door because someone (i assume) with the actual key for the door (since my key doesnt fit the barrel) has put the deadlock on for the passenger side. I live really close to where I bought it, but I dont have the contact details of the previous owner.

Does anyone know how to check if this is actually the case (i cant pull the lock up, or pull the door handle), how to get around it, or fix it? I thought that when the deadlock was put on, the lock was horizontal as oposed to vertical after normal locking.

Thanks for any help on this.

Is it horizontal or not? Get a lock smith out.

I had snapped a key in the barrel other day, left in horizontal [deadlock]

Scott Lock or something.

Is it horizontal or not? Get a lock smith out.

I had snapped a key in the barrel other day, left in horizontal [deadlock]

Scott Lock or something.

Ah ok, Nah, the lock is still vertical, but the system is acting like it's still deadlocked.

I did a bit of research, and it turns out theres a microswitch in the door lock that is flicked when you turn it horizontal telling all the other locks to deadlock too - i might try open the door up and see if i can flick that & get the other lock to unlock. I dont think you can see much of the lock with the door card off though, so probably wont get much luck with that.

Ah ok, Nah, the lock is still vertical, but the system is acting like it's still deadlocked.

I did a bit of research, and it turns out theres a microswitch in the door lock that is flicked when you turn it horizontal telling all the other locks to deadlock too - i might try open the door up and see if i can flick that & get the other lock to unlock. I dont think you can see much of the lock with the door card off though, so probably wont get much luck with that.

What about passenger side? That door all ok?

Oh good point hahahaaha

Well im sure she'll be happy to take him out for a box :D

I hope she's attractive ;)