Sign in to follow this  
charlie01

328i broken again!!! please help, running rough, louder en

hey guys,

the overheating problm was solved in the 328 =), but less than a week later whilst driving home from work i noticed the gearbox did not want to tap down gears easily (automatic) and when i stoped and started at traffic lights i notices it was thuddering or vibrating when i initially accelerated (with decreased performance). it takes a few more ticks to start now also. I have had coils and spark plugs checked and they are all fine.....

i appreciate any input, thank you :)

What could be wrong?

many thanks, Charlie

my father's e39 manual 528i had a similar problem, turned out to be the engine knock sensor?

edit: symptoms were more ticks to start, running roughly down low as the engine management reverts to a backup 'approximate' program as it is not getting signal from the sensor, wouldnt know in relation to gearbox being a manual but seems similar?

Edited by Tomo

hey,

yes the same symptoms, i got it fixed, it was the crank angle sensor. thanks for that suggestion, i wasnt thinking it could be sensors before.

Charlie