Sign in to follow this  
Mark Babb

E30 Race Car

post-1308-1190007389_thumb.jpg

I may live to regret this, but after winning the opening round this weekend i have decided to sell my E30 320 race car.

The standard of preparation to this car is extemely high and can be supported with receipts in excess of $50k (thats scary..just dont tell the wife). I have taken the view that when building a race car it has to be the best of everything. i spent $25,000 with Race FX alone just in basic preparation, but everthing has been detailed carefully including the underside of the car.

It has a brand new "Bruce Manon" engine fitted last week prior to this weekends event so probably still has a little more power to come from the engine, however the car still managed to win the seasons opening race with a very competitive field of cars and drivers.

Out of the 2 full events the car has entered it has one both events (Jan 07 and Sept 07). I accept it is possible to build a race BMW for approx $15,000, however to build the best available and have a front row car that is realiable and consistent then more time and money is required.

Many people who have seen the car always comment on the high standard of preparation, however it's all the small details that add up. The engine bay alone could be mistaken for being brand new. The car will be sold with spares including wheels and brand new tyres.

This is a great opportunity for someone to purchase a race proven front row E30 BMW with no further expense required.

I believe the asking price of $20k is reasonable considering the amount spent and results achieved.

Please ask if any further information is needed.

post-1308-1190007389_thumb.jpg

I may live to regret this, but after winning the opening round this weekend i have decided to sell my E30 320 race car.

The standard of preparation to this car is extemely high and can be supported with receipts in excess of $50k (thats scary..just dont tell the wife). I have taken the view that when building a race car it has to be the best of everything. i spent $25,000 with Race FX alone just in basic preparation, but everthing has been detailed carefully including the underside of the car.

It has a brand new "Bruce Manon" engine fitted last week prior to this weekends event so probably still has a little more power to come from the engine, however the car still managed to win the seasons opening race with a very competitive field of cars and drivers.

Out of the 2 full events the car has entered it has one both events (Jan 07 and Sept 07). I accept it is possible to build a race BMW for approx $15,000, however to build the best available and have a front row car that is realiable and consistent then more time and money is required.

Many people who have seen the car always comment on the high standard of preparation, however it's all the small details that add up. The engine bay alone could be mistaken for being brand new. The car will be sold with spares including wheels and brand new tyres.

This is a great opportunity for someone to purchase a race proven front row E30 BMW with no further expense required.

I believe the asking price of $20k is reasonable considering the amount spent and results achieved.

Please ask if any further information is needed.

I, for one, will be very sorry to see you go Mark :( .

If you're sure it's what you want, all the best with the sale. It would have to be the buy of the century for what you're getting, if only it was a 318 :)

Good luck mate.

ps, test drives? :ph34r:

Edited by Silver Fox

thats a pity to see

mind asking why your leaving the series?

car looks great...if only i had another spare £7k...

thats a pity to see

mind asking why your leaving the series?

car looks great...if only i had another spare £7k...

The series is Brillant and have made some great friends, Guess the reason for selling is just me...My work is almost a 24/7 job and i find it so frustrating not having the time to spend on my motor racing. Maybe next week i might come to my senses but in the meantime there is a great opportunity for someone to take advantage of my moment of weekness :)

Glad to hear it is not because you are unhappy with the series Mark. But as you are a front running competitor (the "benchmark" some would say), a clean racer and a pretty much all round good guy I would be very sorry to see you leave us! Just change your job instead!!!!! :D

cheers Conrad

Hey mark its evan the guy that bought your other e30. Gutting your deciding to sell your race car man from what I saw of it you had put alot of time, money and effort into it and you cleaned up in it last saturday! Will be a steal for someone that car is nothing but quality.

Hey mark its evan the guy that bought your other e30. Gutting your deciding to sell your race car man from what I saw of it you had put alot of time, money and effort into it and you cleaned up in it last saturday! Will be a steal for someone that car is nothing but quality.

Hi Evan, thanks for the kind words, judging by some of the damage to the BMW's at the w/end maybe i should have kept the car i sold you after all...just in case. Anyway i suppose that was always going to be envitable with such a large grid and different levels of race experience so early in the season.

I have decided i just can't bring myself to sell the car as your are right i have spent so much time and money on it.

i guess i was just feeling a little flat after the w/end as i put so much focus and energy in wanting to win the opening round and then when i got home and found i had about 20 work related emails that needed addressing urgently that night i just thought ..arrggh to much pressure, dont need this.

Anyway i have taken a leaf out of most womans past time....shopping therapy, just spend more money on the car and i will feel ok. Lap timer from Conrad, Rear brake callipers overhaul and a few other ideas i have.

Thanks Again

Mark

ps the car will be on show with the BMW pace car at the motorsport expo this w/end at the telstra clear stadium.

Just for the record, the E30 BMW race series is brillant, well run by Conrad/Mike and Colin, a great bunch of fellow competiors...just keep away from Ken :). I can honestly say from all the years of racing from back in the UK and in NZ this series is by far the best racing i have ever been involved with, and a true credit to the little E30 bm's.

ps the car will be on show with the BMW pace car at the motorsport expo this w/end at the telstra clear stadium.

Oh, more details plwease!!!