Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Indicator topic

This is probably the dumbest thread ever... but this is something I do regularly and I wonder... Im sitting at the lights, and my indicators are going tick tick tick, but they will NEVER EVER EVER tick in time with the indicators of the car infront of me... they will almost be in time, and occasionally tick for in time for one flash but then it shifts out of time again... why do they NEVER tick the same as another car flashes?! so yea, has anyone else ever thought about this??? I felt I needed to share this.

This is probably the dumbest thread ever... but this is something I do regularly and I wonder... Im sitting at the lights, and my indicators are going tick tick tick, but they will NEVER EVER EVER tick in time with the indicators of the car infront of me... they will almost be in time, and occasionally tick for in time for one flash but then it shifts out of time again... why do they NEVER tick the same as another car flashes?! so yea, has anyone else ever thought about this??? I felt I needed to share this.

Yes DUMB! BUT, I must confess to having noticed this myself before (although not regularly). Probably no two flasher units are the exactly the same in flash rate, varying bulb wattages will alter flasher load & in turn flash rate. Identical cars may if switched in time but cant say I have noticed this senario

yes.. i have noticed..at long traffic light phases they go in and out of sync a few times too!

Yeah same, it looks mint when you look down a long curved line of cars turning right and the indicator all flash at different times then they all of the sudden line up again.

Stick a metronome with some kind of groove-check next to your relay and see if the car itself keeps in time.

Might do it when I get my drum module back tommorow...

I really have nothing better to do.