Sign in to follow this  
bimmerbaz

99 E46 Aux input

Do a google search on "Icelink" it's an adapter that allows an ipod to run using the CD changer controls on your stock head unit.

Think there's a bit of info about them on here too.... do a search.

Edited by gannetboy

It will be easier to get something like DICE or Icelink.

I have 99 E46 and currently using DICE which has connection for my IPOD and AUX input. Some other DICE models also allow you to use CD changer in addition to IPOD and AUX.

I know some people who made AUX input themselves but as I remember it was not possible on earlier models of E46s. (Not 100% sure about this though).

Side issue - I was told my 2000's Jap head unit is the "big plug" version - can someone clarify this in terms of what it looks like, what to ask for if I want a replacement OEM head unit (with normal radio band), and what iPod hookup products are compatible?

cheers.

Side issue - I was told my 2000's Jap head unit is the "big plug" version - can someone clarify this in terms of what it looks like, what to ask for if I want a replacement OEM head unit (with normal radio band), and what iPod hookup products are compatible?

cheers.

You shouldn't need a new head unit - yours can probably be re-programmed to pick up NZ frequencies...

See this article

Hope that helps.

You shouldn't need a new head unit - yours can probably be re-programmed to pick up NZ frequencies...

See this article

Hope that helps.

Nope, tried that before and it doesn't work.

I have an E46 radio spare if you want one. PM me.

Proper NZ band.