Sign in to follow this  
threeta

325 manual e30 4 door

Please see Auction: 11811500 at trademe.co.nz

giz a call on 09 575 3339 or 021 665 852

Post replys and i can upload more photos here.

Dunc

Edited by threeta

lsd lets slide dangerously. its ok with good tyres, but lethal if they're bald. its only about 25% and needs lsd oil. no chance of spinning inside rear wheel though - so does the trick.

you dont want to do a normal diff swap + cash do you!?!?!

looking like a nice tidy e30....Here it is

cant really see in the photo...are they 15" basketweaves?

nice car

Edited by Gus

I can vouch for this car. It belongs to my brother and we have had some great trips in it. Totally reliable and very smooth. They talk of "the silken whallop" when describing the 2.5l six. Doesn't quite keep up with the M5 though!!!

Strapper

gus - rather not swap the diff, as, if this auction doesn't get a move on i'll keep it and then how would i get to go sideways :-)

the wheels are boring old bbs 14 inch that came with the car. just ripe for some young dude to replace with those shiny steal me thingees they love.

best thing i did with this car is spend 1100 on suspension mounts - two large subframe mounts at rear, and numerous stuff at the front. it handles like a cat now, rides well and even on 196 60 r 14 rubber (falken) sticks llike glue.

thanks for the interest though. Duncan

Guest Spargo

just ripe for some young dude to replace with those shiny steal me thingees they love.

Oh yea, thats Gus alright. :rambo:

sam...your a bitch!

haha by suspension mounts do you mean rubber bushes? some of us have urethane ones in there..they're great!

all rubber - tryied the nolathane thingies in the front trailing arms - but they crashed and bashed. they're fine in wifees e36 - do feel good. the new rubber made it like new again. (i have had it 10 years so sort of remember what it was like with only 70k on the clock :-) )

Some dude from chch rang about the threeta (325) he says they all chew out cams at 150 - 200 ks - this right = mine looks fine - all lobes are smooth no grooves. what's the deal??

Price for a new head 2000? this sound right?

You aren't asking too much at all.

Just bear in mind that that most of the people on this forum are younger, (me being the exception here being an oldie) and that $4,500 is a lot of money to come up with.

But, you never know, someone might (and should) snap this up. I certainly would if I was in the market for another 325i for any reason.

Good luck.

Cheers

thanks grant - decided to keep it. So no longer for sale

wife put the foot down on the replacement car (a '96 Ford Transit) - she wanted the bimmer sold first !! (bloody hell - it's hard work init)

so i get to keep it and will no doubt see some of you lot sooner or latter.

dunc

bugger......i would almost be keen! but again same story...sell my car first (if i was going to)

Guest Andrew

all rubber - tryied the nolathane thingies in the front trailing arms - but they crashed and bashed.  they're fine in wifees e36  - do feel good.  the new rubber made it like new again. (i have had it 10 years so sort of remember what it was like with only 70k on the clock :-)  )

Some dude from chch rang about the threeta (325) he says they all chew out cams at 150 - 200 ks - this right = mine looks fine - all lobes are smooth no grooves.  what's the deal??

Price for a new head 2000? this sound right?

I bought a car with a 325 motor in it with 100 000 ish k and exahust lobe on the cam for cylinder 5 was so worn that the exhaust valve fell out and caused a full motor rebuild. As far as I know however - this is the exception to the rule. Its caused by valve clearances being set incorrectly.

Price for new head is less than 1000 for a rebuilt one. New one = $$$$$. If the HEAD did go I would recommend using a 323 head. The combustion chamers need machining (or the pistons touch the head) but when your done your left with a very high compression motor around 9.5:1 and boy does it go hard ^_^

i'll keep using the fully synthetic oil then and keep changing it!!! seems to have worked so far. Now that i get to drive it for a bit longer!!! any one out there have a drivers door lock??

Sorry if off topic

Guest Speedye30

Its caused by valve clearances being set incorrectly.

This is just one of the many reasons why you buy an e30 with a full service history, AND (yes all you enthusiasts) if you decide to service the car yourself you need to know the what when and how of servicing (why is not essential, but once you know that you might, um, take better care). Like adjust valve clearances every year or two. And change the cambelt at 60-100k, etc etc.

Hearing some "expert" say that m20 cams only last 180-200k is a bit crap really. Treat the machine with the respect the engineers intended! You can also give it some tough love, as long as you maintain your engine!

agree with lewis...one thing i wish i had done! how long a job is valve adjustment? cos i really need to get mine done...andy has inspired me...not overly keen to spend 7k because i procrastinated getting my valves done!

when your done your left with a very high compression motor around 9.5:1 and boy does it go hard ^_^

get a honda B)

high comp rockz0rs U