Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Transmission problem, continued

See if some one can recognise this

Right heres the story, the x owner had water leaking into the trans cooler, which destroyed the first one

he got the leaks fixed, and bought a new trans off trademe which doesnt reverse, weve gone over why

it doesnt reverse and im taking the sump off tonight.

i see quite a bit of talking on flaring, define what flaring feels like, cause i took my 535 for a drive and tested

throttle positions etc, some times if i put my foot to the floor at 50 it judders for a bit (the revs do not fly up)?? and then accellerates smoothly. So is it flaring ? Or is this a different problem. Hoping some one could expand on this. Or give me some tests to do while driving to help figure out this problem. Could this be related to the lock out valve ray was talking about.

other information that might be relevant, doesnt matter if im in sports mode or not, but it seems that it doesnt matter when i floor it, most of the times i have to change the gears my self, surely this is some thing stupid ??

Any way, i tried putting as much relevant and irrellevant info on here to see if some gurus could expand on this, or maybe some one has delt with this before.

Cheers

It seems that even in park it tries to go forward lol,

so when the cars on in park it tries to go foward, reverse and neutral

it doesnt judder any more,

So is this the lock out valve ?

any one recognize this problem

any help would be awsome

cheers guys