Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Transporting tyres Akl-Welly

Does anyone know which transport company that can transport a pair of tyres from Auckland to Wellington?

Do the tyres have to be prepared specially for the transport company or can they just pick them up as they are.

Thanks for any advice.

any courier company should be able to do it, just make sure each tyre CLEARLY has the intended address on it and you get a track and trace number so you can get proof of delivery. Also make sure you get a 'signature required' courier ticket, this will give you a proof of delivery. Hope this helps

Does anyone know which transport company that can transport a pair of tyres from Auckland to Wellington?

Do the tyres have to be prepared specially for the transport company or can they just pick them up as they are.

Thanks for any advice.

I've used Mainfreight before. Good service and it all seems to work.

Although you have to drop it off at their depot and then pick it up the other end.

The Depot in Auckland is in Otahu, not far off the motorway. And Gracefield in Welly.

Only picked up packages from them so have no idea of cost, but I've heard that its not that bad.

Quote,

# The Sender must ensure that the Freight is suitably packaged for transit. No packaging materials are available at the sending branch.

# All items of freight must be labelled clearly care of the receiving depot with a contact name and number.

# Freight can be brought into your local branch within normal business hours.

# For an indicative price please contact your sending branch with details ie total weight and cube of the consignment.

Hope that helps in some way.

Edited by Nick021

If ya still loking for someone to transport them, give Mana Transport in Porirua a call. They brough down a set of Motorsport alloys and tyres for me. Brilliant service.

If ya still loking for someone to transport them, give Mana Transport in Porirua a call. They brough down a set of Motorsport alloys and tyres for me. Brilliant service.

If they are not Motor Scraper tyres I can make room for 2 and get them down there for you.

Must be here at Te Awamutu by 8th. Oct. 2007 - I depart to Wgtn on 11th.

Advise yea or nae .............

Paul - E30 2Door

If they are not Motor Scraper tyres I can make room for 2 and get them down there for you.

Must be here at Te Awamutu by 8th. Oct. 2007 - I depart to Wgtn on 11th.

Advise yea or nae .............

Paul - E30 2Door

Thanks for the offer, however I don't think the trader will want to move the tyres around.

Actually am still trying to get the trader to offer those tyres.

BTW, it's a couple of 18inch Dunlops.

If anything changes, I;ll let you know.

lots of people will be driving to manfield at the end of november if you can wait till then.

Good idea. I don't need the tyres right now, just because they're cheap.

So, the obvious question is ...are you gonna be at Manfeild at that time then :-)