Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

she dont start.

finaly!!!!! the engine conversion is finished. turned the key and nothing. didnt even turn over. i have 12.6v to the starter wich is a godsend so i know the problems at the starter. i have a pfl starter but wired into a facelift loom there is an extra wire. a small black one. im guessing a signal wire of some kind so there is 2 fat wires. bat pos and negative im guessing. and 2 thin wires. ones the ignition wire. whats the other one? and where do i need them to be connected to? any help and or pics will be fantastic. o and the fuel pump isnt working but thats another problem i will probly just make a seperate circuite connected to acc for the fuel pump. i dont see why that wont work?

cheers oli

ps. its a e30 with a m20b25 in it

I cant tell you which wires should or should not be going to your starter but it would be worth checking the wiring underneath the glove box (only if you have been under there during the conversion) as I had the same issue when changing my dash and I managed to dislodge a connection that caused the same issue as you are having.

well i have no dash. i stripped out the entire inside loom and put it all back in. there is battery voltage but no voltage through either of the signal wires. well im asuming one is the signal wire. there is one that connects to the top of the solonoid and one at the bottom. i jumped a wire from bat pos to the top conection on the solonoid and nothing. any ideas anyone?

When you test for voltage are you putting your multimeter on the neg terminal of the starter or to the chassis?

bat pos terminal (the big one) to chasis= 12.4v

(top blade connector wire) to chasis = 0v

(bottom blade conector wire) to chasis= 0v.

can someone tell me what these blade conections on the solonoid are?

I'm still not sure where you are measuring your voltage from, but if you are measuring from the pos terminal on the starter to the chassis, and getting voltage, try measring pos terminal on starter to a bare meatal part of the engine (like the lifting point). If you lose voltage then you've forgotten to atach the earth strap from the motor to the chassis and this is your problem.

Edited by bravo