Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

ahhhhhhhhhhhh come on!!!!!

ok so now the new m20b25 turning over. i got spark. got air. got fuel got compression but why wont it start? anyone know?? i have a feeling its dumping way to much fuel in as i took the sparkplugs out and it smelt of petrol real strong. but im open for sugestions

are the 2 fuel lines around the right way .

is the fuel fresh ?

yes and yes. is it possible for the cam timing to be 360 degrees out? i am real tired and cannot think at the moment. but im just trying to think. i have all the timing marks lined up but could the cam be rocking on no.1 and not firing on number one? i cant think if that would be 180 degrees out or 360 anyone?

Check all your electrical plugs are pushed in properly, in particular, the one to the injectors?

If its pre f/l Check the distributor timing.. runs off the oil pump gear.. mine didnt have any markings on it, I was used to the later m20's with the distributor on the cam, and didnt have to worry about lining the distributor up. Its a pain. I ended up taking the front off about 3-4 times rechecking the cam belt and timing trying to figure out what the prob was before I realised what the prob was. Not sure if you can just unbolt the distributor and rotate the gear round to the correct position. have to make sure your marks are lined up on the cam and crank and then position the rotor just before spark on number one. Then pat yourself on the back and bash your head into a wall a few more times.

found the problem its dumping wayyyy to much fuel in there. i noticed there are 2 wires coming off the fuel pump pos terminal. can anyone tell me where they go? anyone good with electronics on these things? i dont think the pressure regulator is faulty as fuel is returning back to tank. i think possibly the injectors are stuck open? anyone know anything about this? its a facelift engine running motronic 1.3 btw

Edited by sydwayz e30