Sign in to follow this  
iceman

E46 Jap head unit dilemma..another one

I'm trying to find a genuine BMW replacement for my 99 328Ci Jap FM/Cassette unit (I tried Jochen's re-program but my unit's too old I guess..but thanks anyway Jochen).

So I got the part number from the BMW dealer for a single CD/NZ FM tuner..and got the price..now looking elsewhere.There's brand new units available from the U.S..with the EXACT part number I was quoted,but I'm not sure if they have the "world tuner".It looks like the same part number (65126909883) is quoted for a U.S model, a Jap model and an Oceania model.Does anyone know if this unit has the "world tuner" capability?Anyone have this part number installed in their E46?

I want to keep the factory look so aftermarket units not an option, and I don't really want the band expander/CD in the boot option either.

Any help/suggestions very welcome. :unsure:

I'm trying to find a genuine BMW replacement for my 99 328Ci Jap FM/Cassette unit (I tried Jochen's re-program but my unit's too old I guess..but thanks anyway Jochen).

So I got the part number from the BMW dealer for a single CD/NZ FM tuner..and got the price..now looking elsewhere.There's brand new units available from the U.S..with the EXACT part number I was quoted,but I'm not sure if they have the "world tuner".It looks like the same part number (65126909883) is quoted for a U.S model, a Jap model and an Oceania model.Does anyone know if this unit has the "world tuner" capability?Anyone have this part number installed in their E46?

I want to keep the factory look so aftermarket units not an option, and I don't really want the band expander/CD in the boot option either.

Any help/suggestions very welcome. :unsure:

That US unit is identical to the kiwi one. Just change it to Europe mode and it works in NZ.

if you have a pick of it, the twin-display and 2x softkeys proves beyond doubt that it is a world tuner model.

As far as I can tell reading the listing, that HU doesn't include the Dice, you still have to buy one to hook up your ipod. (Correct me if I'm wrong though).

As far as I can tell reading the listing, that HU doesn't include the Dice, you still have to buy one to hook up your ipod. (Correct me if I'm wrong though).

thats correct.