Sign in to follow this  
nikj

Any ideas??

I would like to get some new rims fr my E36 Coupe but dont want it to look to stupid. Any ideas? Pics would be appreciated too!

post-2277-1191546175_thumb.jpg

Those rims don't look too bad to be honest. I wouldn't go bigger than 17"s, they are a good compromise in terms of handling, ride quality and looks, and tyre prices are still pretty decent. Also remember 17" is what they put on the E36 m3.

18" look better but will feel harsher, tyres are pricier.

19"s, just say no. And try to go with lighter wheels if you can.

Those rims don't look too bad to be honest. I wouldn't go bigger than 17"s, they are a good compromise in terms of handling, ride quality and looks, and tyre prices are still pretty decent. Also remember 17" is what they put on the E36 m3.

19s are all good

not really helping guys, if you really want to change the wheels you can't go past a good set of 17's or 18's. Euro style wheels alsways look good but if bling bling is your thing....... go for that instead

Yeah thought about 17's dont think i would go to 18's as it would look a bit weird. As for colour coding the side skirts...not too sure on that one!

If you want to sell the wheels that are currently on your car, PM me.

I got 17s on mine and they do the job mean.

Make sure they're not chrome though...

Yeah thought about 17's dont think i would go to 18's as it would look a bit weird. As for colour coding the side skirts...not too sure on that one!

Trust me colour coding the skirts (and the bottom of the front and rear bumpers) makes the car look so much better, have done it to at least 5 cars now and makes the car look much sportier.

keep the wheels and instead lower it and colour code the skirts!

Agreed, would be a better use of cash if you had to spend it. If you're thinking of going with a different kit in the future, just do the suspension first and after you get your kit, paint it. The current wheels look fine.

Ive just got the factory 16s on mine, ive had a set of aftermarket 17s on there to see what they looked like but wasn't that impressed.

Trust me colour coding the skirts (and the bottom of the front and rear bumpers) makes the car look so much better, have done it to at least 5 cars now and makes the car look much sportier.

Where did you get it done/costs etc?

any panelbeater/car painter should be able to do it, I have had it done from $400 up to $1000 depending on paint type amount needed etc. My old 7 was about $600 from memory. It pays to call around ans prices vary hugely.