Sign in to follow this  
535i_E34_90

535i Project

Hi there, just joined up. I have a 535i NZ new (my car), partner has same, project has just started, unsure exactly where it may lead, original idea was build own M5 or S5 - AC Schnitzer. But two are in the shop at present getting ready for a new lease of life. A list of what I have.

All E34's

535i 90 - my car

535i 90 - partners

530i 88 - damaged, manual gearbox

525i 92 - damaged, has doors, glass, boot, dif etc available

530i 96 - 3.0l V8, engine trans, suspension, diff, computers sold, all else available - including two front air bags - non compliant for NZ, came from Japan

525 - UK spec, manual 1988, 4 sale soon....

And my pride and joy, 1979 CM Valiant 265 hemi, thats the next job after this, turning it into E49 spec - thats a 228kw six that was released to the world in aussie back in early 70's - they were doing 200kw+ before I was born, 30 odd years ago

Once I figure what I'm doing - as in how site works - I will post some pics etc.

Some general things I've found to date, cheaper to purchase AC Schnitzer gear from USA and ship here, on set of ACS mags - save $1000.00 on BMW NZ supply.

Much cheaper to buy damaged car - than source parts from BMW.

Getting there - learning heaps, really enjoy it...

There you all are - a little introduction.....

Welcome aboard.

Another from Rotovegas.

You don't have any LSD's amongst all those E34's you are wreaking??

i was waiting for it glenn!......you dont happen to have a motronic distributor cap for the m20 do ya? Welcome to the boards

Guest Spargo

Welcome!

You don't happen to have a flux capacitor for my delorean time car do you?

Welcome!

oh sh*t, I had one lying around, but I was cleaning out the garage and thought to myself..."when am I ever going to need a flux capacitor again" and chucked it out with the recycling.

It was even one of the Uranium free models.

Guest Spargo

Damn! I really needed the garbage one! I'm stuck using this damned TARDIS. Somethings died inside i can't for the life of me find it, the interior is alot bigger than one imagines.

Damn! I really needed the garbage one! I'm stuck using this damned TARDIS. Somethings died inside i can't for the life of me find it, the interior is alot bigger than one imagines.
Have you checked the morgue? The more recent TARDIS's have a 12 bed morgue in them, maybe one of the bays has a faulty refrigeration unit.

To get to the morgue, its the third door on the left past the indoor swimming pool, and right next to the 10 pin bowling alley.

try this url, for a schematic plan of your TARDIS (they seem to cover most models):

www.lostinmytardis.com

Good luck, those refrigeration units a costly to repair.

you are on the right track...but don't spend too long in that bar, I have heard some stories about that place, and the beer is way overpriced.

Just go left, and it should be just up the passageway, if you get to the jungle gym, you have gone too far, but you can always double back on the flying fox (which is good fun).

You don't have any LSD's amongst all those E34's you are wreaking??

Hi - I've had a few asking - need to get underneath each so I can figure it out.

diff from 525i, and 530 (96V8) and 323 are available....will find out in due course, not many weekends spare - so it's a slow project - as bringing up a 15 month girl is also....

cheers...how do people contact each other on here???

i was waiting for it glenn!......you dont happen to have a motronic distributor cap for the m20 do ya? Welcome to the boards

yep - highly likely, if 323i 85 model, all I wanted from that was engine, likely now that won't need engine 2.3 M20

cheers...how do people contact each other on here???

either though PM'ing, or email, otherwise a lot of us have got to know each other through Bimmersport, so use the good old fashioned telephone.

Cheers

Wow your like some sort of E34 god - Cool B)

Do you happen to have a parcel tray with electric blind in you parts pile??? (purely for pimpin purposes of course)

Yeah, sus out if any of them have a LSD as I'd happily take it off your hands.

Just drop me a PM.

can you let me know what ratio the 323 diff is too....glenn will have it if its and lsd but i may be interested otherwise....the 85 323 would be a pre facelift.....the 323's used ljet im 99% sure...bugger.. ah well...do you have the whole engine head? ....i may be interested

Welcome!

Is this a piss take or ligit?????
i think they were havin a laugh - everyone who said welcome before sam did was asking you if you had something or other.... so he was following suit.... pretty funny, but A LONG way off topic there eh!

welcome aboard.... have a long and plesent stay! :D

Guest Andrew

can you let me know what ratio the 323 diff is too....glenn will have it if its and lsd but i may be interested otherwise....the 85 323 would be a pre facelift.....the 323's used ljet im 99% sure...bugger.. ah well...do you have the whole engine head? ....i may be interested

Welcome to the site - you have quite the collection.

Gus you DO NOT want to go through the hassle on the m20 b25.. it turns out it ain't really worth it.

All e30 323 are L-jet,all 325 are Motronic. Only 320s can be either.

All e30 323 are L-jet,all 325 are Motronic. Only 320s can be either.

Here's something that it's hard to get a straight answer for - everytime I put vin through BMW softa=ware - it tells me M20 B25 - a 2.5l engine - and tag on engine confirms this. Aparantly 323's did come out with 2.5l in them - proir to 85/86...

I don't know if that changes anything with 320, 323 and 325 talks???

cheers

Guest Zwilling

Hi Mark, welcome to the site, you'll find a few ppl here to offload your spares onto

How about posting some pics of your rides???

I think I saw one on e-bay silk :wacko: