Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Off to Linkin Park Concert Friday

Well I'm off to Linkin Park with my son, ny neice, and nephew. Highlight for me is that I'm taking the 740i for it's 1st big drive. We are driving up from Upper Hutt via SW1 leaving 7am - then going via Tamuranui, hooking back into SHW1 after Hamilton. I will be using the Escrot 8500 but really will be in cruise mode - however I do want to do one leg driving to see just how economical I can get it, the other leg will be more enjoyable and involve some overtaking. Then it's back home on Saturday with a load of dunkin donuts for those that stayed at home.

Where are linkin park playing?

The 2nd concert is tonight at the Vector Arena and still has tickets. The 1st concert is tomorrow nite. I know that seems backwards but it's accurate in terms of when they were announced.

Linkin Park rocked. A little short - they came on at 9.20 and all finished by 10.55 - but when you sing like that hell it's amazing they last even that long.

The Bimmer went well - 11.4 litres per 100km over the whole trip, with 9.8 litres per 100km from Taihape to Upper Hutt via masterton and overthe Rimutaka hill (I was averaging 9.5 litres per kilometyer at the bottem before the hill!). This about what I'd get from the Misubishi Outlander on the same trip - not bad for a V8!

By the way the only really quiet driving was Taihape to home. I passed everything that was doing less than 100kph like they were standing still - the acceleration is corrupting. This included some tooling around after the concert where the consumption was up to 28litres per 100km - it was the Linkin Park effect - sports mode and full throttle from every set of lights :rolleyes:

The roads were damp, and the tyres new, and the traction control didn't come on once. The new tyres are Dunlop SP01A 245/40ZR20. They have great traction but the ride is harsher and there is more vibration than the previous Nexen 3000 245/35ZR20 tyres. They resist turning in more as well, with more effort is needed to turn into a corner. The are also noisier. So I'm revising my opinion on the Nexens - they were actually pretty good - apart from 1 unexplained crack in the sidewall - and I'd rahter have the Nexens on for comfort, sound, and handling. We will see if the Dunlops improve with a few more k's.