Sign in to follow this  
jochen

To all ex-Japan BMW owners with Nav

Hi all Bimmersportlers

If you have an X5, X3, Z4, E46, E38, E39 ex-Japan with navigation, and you want to someday in the future to make your nav work properly in New Zealand, and you want me to do it for you, or to help, or to give you instructions, then do it now.

I am leaving the country in December.

So I have realistically only October and November to do further nav work on peoples cars.

I am happy to help you, but only to the end of November.

I have the special electrical connectors and the instructions - I can supply these as a kit or I can prewire your car for nav now.

I am happy to change the wiring in your car and get it pre-prepared for navigation, then all you have to do is plug in the Euro nav computer, which you can buy at your leisure.

I can do one car per night after work - I must leave weekends free to do housework :-)

But only to end November - after that, I can only help by email!

So if you want to make your nav system work in your awesome BMW, get in touch now - don't delay

PS: and of course that also means I am selling my 1997 E39 540i with fully working radio, TV, and navigation at the end of November. Beautiful condition, very strong motor, runs beautifully, leather is in really good nick. Full maintenance history through entire life (Jap and NZ). Any interested buyers - please PM me.

Bummer, we are going to lose our resident E39 electronics expert! Good luck wherever you are going Jochen, assuming it's for good?

Just trying to sort my retro-fit kit and nav computer and will be over to see you as soon as I have the stuff landed.

Just trying to sort my retro-fit kit and nav computer and will be over to see you as soon as I have the stuff landed.

No probs, hope it comes sooon...

Bummer, we are going to lose our resident E39 electronics expert! Good luck wherever you are going Jochen, assuming it's for good?

What do you mean 'loose' ?

I'll just be in another time zone.. :-)

Change is "permanent" (whatever "permenent" means....)