Sign in to follow this  
tibbs.james

Thumbs up for Stocks !

Well today after polytech I went to see my Dads Mate " Paul Carter " the owner operator of Import Part Specilists on lichfield street they do Euro/Jap Car parts brakes cv's tires ect .

So i went in looking to kit out the front suspension of my Z31 300ZX

apart from the fact he didn't stock anything and neither did his usual Supplier

We found tie rods for $15 from his normal supplier in auckland, ball joints were $25 each,

then as we were having trouble finding anybody in NZ who have decent Front Struts/Strut inserts for the bloody thing we rang George Stocks and it turns out they do a Koni Rebound adjustable front shock for $267 each ( trade Price ) considering BNT Wanted $313 ( trade ) for their "sport" insert kit i think its a bloody good deal !.

Basically i can get it back on wheels for $700 ish which i am very rapped with !

So minus some kings stiffer rate springs ( to match my rear king springs ) and sway bar link/bush set i will have the front end decked out ! Front pads are 90% and rotors are machineable and far from min thickness.

Very exiting to get things moving after seeing the poor old girl on chassis stands for over 12 months !

here is a pic to remind you guys what a Z31 is ! also pics of the Leather steering wheel, big brake conversion & top half of engine mocked up with cleaned/painted components

post-1885-1192512474_thumb.jpg

post-1885-1192512589_thumb.jpg

post-1885-1192512623_thumb.jpg

post-1885-1192512689_thumb.jpg

post-1885-1192512747_thumb.jpg