Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Spy Shots: BMW X5 �M� hits the Nurburgring - Watch out Cayenne Tur

Posted Image

Up until now we’ve been seeing a prototype of the BMW X5 with the ‘M’ treatment on the roads of Munich or in Death Valley. Finally the BMW X5 ‘M’ has hit the Nurburgring, where it belongs, for some high-speed testing. Our friends over at CarMagazine have caught the high-performance 4×4 in action.

Currently the range topping BMW X5 is the 4.8i which produces a total of 350 horsepower. That means BMW has no competitor in its lineup for the Porsche Cayenne Turbo which produces an outstanding 500 horsepower with a 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds.

As you can see in the pictures, this BMW X5 has huge air intakes in the front as well as quad tail pipes in the back. Both of these features indicate a larger and more powerful engine. Currently, engine options for the high-performance X5 are the 5.0 liter V10 with 500 horsepower from the M5/M6 or the 6.0 liter V12 engine found in the 760i that produces 438 horsepower.

Click through for the spy shots.

Spy Shots: BMW X5 ‘M’ hits the Nurburgring Gallery:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Lots of HP in an SUV = gay.

My Brother in law was recently looking at Cayenne S and Turbo. I drove both and the non-turbo S was the much better car. That's what he ended up buying.