Sign in to follow this  
Fen

Any Z3 M Roadsters in NZ

Quick question as subject - any Z3 M Roadsters in NZ? None for sale on TradeMe or AutoTrader right now - are there any in country? If so how many and were they officially imported? Do they come up for sale much and what sort of money do they go for?

Edited by Fen

Yeah there are a few, don't know numbers though.

There used to be one for sale at a BMW dealer in Akl. Was green with green leather and i'm pretty sure they had it in stock for about a year!

Saw a blue one on trademe awhile back was from down christchurch, was sitting on there for a good few months, cant remember the price........

Edited by Dirty6

OK thanks. They go for anything from the equivalent to $25k to $45k for a late S54 engine version here. I know from previous questions I've asked that the Z-cars don't seem to sell well in NZ so I wondered if they'd be cheaper - assuming they can be found! Most of them here are blue with blue leather (yuk!), but I fancy an all black one.

OK thanks. They go for anything from the equivalent to $25k to $45k for a late S54 engine version here. I know from previous questions I've asked that the Z-cars don't seem to sell well in NZ so I wondered if they'd be cheaper - assuming they can be found! Most of them here are blue with blue leather (yuk!), but I fancy an all black one.

Where are you based? Are you looking to export one?

Saw a blue one on trademe awhile back was from down christchurch, was sitting on there for a good few months, cant remember the price........

From memory, there was a blue one on TM around July. It was located on the West Coast and maybe listed by a CHCH TM vendor (the car was definitely located elsewhere). I believe he wanted over 40K for it.

I know there is a blue one and a yellow one cause i've driven them :D

There's a black one with a turbo bolted to it in Christchurch, And a blue one which was for sale at Fast Forward TVR. Not sure where the blue one is now.

There's a black one with a turbo bolted to it in Christchurch

Mean, bet that would have some get up and go depending on the turbo setup

Where are you based? Are you looking to export one?

I'm in the UK currently but hoping to make the move to Welly in January (house sale agreed in principle, PR visa waiting for a case officer in London). I was going to bring the RS6, but to be honest I think it would have to go soon after to contribute to the house fund epsecially as we are getting less than expected for the house here so I'm looking into what may be worth bringing with me that's cheaper by enough that I can justify keeping it.

I nearly bought an S54 engined 2002 M Roadster when I was looking (and eventually bought the RS6 - slightly different cars I appreciate, but there you go!) and mainly didn't buy it because of the blue interior.

The black turbo one sounds interesting - they aren't exactly slow out of the box!

Not BMW, but I suspect that Lotus's (Lotii?) can be had quite a bit cheaper in the UK than here.

Possibly, but for the sort of cash I'm happy to commit it would have to be an S1 Elise and I haven't seen any of them for sale in NZ which makes me think only the S2 has the necessary frontal impact testing certification?

In any case they aren't really powerful enough nor practical enough to use daily; you need Allen keys to fit/remove the roof on the S1 and a mate who bought an S2 new eventually sold it "because I want a car I can hear the stereo in to drive to work".

I'm thinking more like the M Roadster, e36 M3 cab, Golf R32, Audi S3 or Mini Cooper S with Works kit.

No, there are plenty of S1 Elise's over here. They are not daily drivers though (as you've pointed out).

a nice e34 or e 39 m5 would prolly make you money...if you have owned it for a time cant you bypass the frontal regulation thing?

Yeah there are a few, don't know numbers though.

There used to be one for sale at a BMW dealer in Akl. Was green with green leather and i'm pretty sure they had it in stock for about a year!

Saw one at Jerry Clayton Glenfield a few months ago...Blue

a nice e34 or e 39 m5 would prolly make you money...if you have owned it for a time cant you bypass the frontal regulation thing?

I haven't owned it for any time - whatever it is it'll hopefully be in a container in December and I haven't even bought it yet!

My understanding is that BMW say no e34s meet frontal impact standards and I further understood that the only way round it is that it has to be over 20 years old. I don't want an M5 anyway - one of the things I won't miss about the RS6 is the size and weight (the other being the fuel economy - being able to keep up with a 430 Spider is pretty cool though :mellow: ). I don't want to spend what an e39 M5 costs and the intention is to keep it for some time as a daily driver rather than sell at a profit.

Any idea what the blue M Roadster was up for? No point importing a car and paying 12.5% if it's cheaper to buy one when I get there.

ok i didnt realize you wanted to keep it form more than a minimum time....

Yeah, I want something German I can keep for a while. I'd keep the RS6 if I didn't think I'd be better spending some of the money for a house and if I wanted to sell on for a profit I'd bring the RS6 in and sell it as I think I could import it, pay the duty and then offer it as the cheapest RS6 ever sold in NZ and still come out with more money than I'll get selling it here.

I might run out of time to sell the RS6 anyway as it's getting toward Christmas and dark wintry days here so in that case I'll just have to bring it.