Sign in to follow this  
restaboy

E30 WHICH TO BUY???

Hey peps how we all doing??

Im wanting to buy a E30 but im unsure of which one to buy I understand that various models have diffrent engines

I currently stay in Australia now due to work and stuff. And the love the old school from 80's till 90's.

There are a few around but not much as N.Z with the kits and stuff like that.

Im wanting to spend up to the $7000k mark

Should i go with the 1800cc or 6ltr?? whats the better engine maybe do mods later on.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

I'd get a 325i. They are the only one that is anywhere near fast, and they were still only 171bhp brand new. For $7000 you will get a total minter, if you want to do modding such as turboing dont get a 320i because most of the information on the internet and everywhere about turboing is from 325i's and 318i's because the 320i didnt come out in the united states.

All the engines are pretty good, the 6cyl engines have a 60,000k cambelt, and the 318i's have a camchain ( I think ) so yea, if you buy a 6cyl check out the cambelt to check if it needs doing or not.

When it comes to picking if you want a facelift or pre facelift e30, its really up to personal opinion. I like both. Facelift has plastic bumpers and door trimming etc, pre facelift has more chrome.

go for a 318iS . 136 hp, great handling, better than 325i fullstop. 325is are ok but nothing special.

318i facelift is cam belt, pre FL is cam chain i think? iS is chain. not a huge difference, belts are fine as long as changed every now and then, its not exactly a hard job.

For $7000 you will get a total minter

I'm not so sure about that, cars are much more expensive in aus as they have strict import laws to protect the local car industry

Edited by Mike

I'm not so sure about that, cars are much more expensive in aus as they have strict import laws to protect the local car industry

correct..... for example....in aussie the 540 LE is still regularly advertised for high 20s even low thirties...there is a 540-6 for sale on trademe for 17500 Edited by kiwi535