Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Calling Jochen....

Its a Japan import with tv and DVD sat nav. The tv gets a cracking picture considering its in a car and the dvd is different to the last one I spoke to you about.

The radio only gets the Jap frequencies and I dont know if its an easy reprogram for one of this age or if I need a new tuner.

Dont have the car yet, and wont be doing all the changes straight away but Id love to get your DIY instructions and your advice as to what I need to be replacing off you before you go.

In no particular order Id like to do the following....

Get radio sorted, fix sat nav, reverse camera, ipod connection, ps2 (to handle dvds and games - although Ive never owned a ps2 so have no games !), possibly another screen in the rear, swtich to 16:9 possible more but Im in our hands as to whats possible.

There is no phone unfortunately, is that a big deal to integrate ? I can get a BT kit from the UK for peanuts and its hard to wire that up to the stereo to mute it and the speaker is actually quite good under the steering wheel, but Id like to integrate as much as possible, obviously BT would be my preferred choice, but funds are low at the moment !

Cheers

Martyn

Fantastic!

You can do everything with that car.

Happy to send you all the details. PM me with your email address, I'll start sending you stuff

Jochen

Its a Japan import with tv and DVD sat nav. The tv gets a cracking picture considering its in a car and the dvd is different to the last one I spoke to you about.

The radio only gets the Jap frequencies and I dont know if its an easy reprogram for one of this age or if I need a new tuner.

Dont have the car yet, and wont be doing all the changes straight away but Id love to get your DIY instructions and your advice as to what I need to be replacing off you before you go.

In no particular order Id like to do the following....

Get radio sorted, fix sat nav, reverse camera, ipod connection, ps2 (to handle dvds and games - although Ive never owned a ps2 so have no games !), possibly another screen in the rear, swtich to 16:9 possible more but Im in our hands as to whats possible.

There is no phone unfortunately, is that a big deal to integrate ? I can get a BT kit from the UK for peanuts and its hard to wire that up to the stereo to mute it and the speaker is actually quite good under the steering wheel, but Id like to integrate as much as possible, obviously BT would be my preferred choice, but funds are low at the moment !

Cheers

Martyn

Congrats on the new purchase.

Any more details or pics of the car for us?

Edited by JJS

Radio: pre Sep-01 = you must change the radio module

TV: no change needed

Nav: Change the nav computer, easy

Telephone: check if you have the mic in the headline. Mic = telephone wiring fitted = good. Then you can fit the BMW BT unit. But do this later.

Reverse Camera: easy peasy to add. Must be NTSC Mirror Image

Ps2/iPod Video: Easy to add with cables

iPod in Stereo: you must sacrifice the CD changer, or install a switch. Needs an interface regardless.

Screen in rear: easy to add, you need to figure out where to mount it

16:9: plug and play change, very easy

Everything you want to do is achievable. But start with Radio and Nav, add the rest as you go.

Did you get the best motor (M62TU), 2nd best (M62) or a wannabe (anything with 6 cylinders...) ???

Did you get the best motor (M62TU), 2nd best (M62) or a wannabe (anything with 6 cylinders...) ???

S62 the best Jochen.....didnt come in wagon form tho

S62 the best....

LOL! You are so very RIGHT !! I've driven one too - all I can say is WOW!