Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Car transporters

Im thinking about ways to get the touring down from New Plymouth to Wellington, has anyone used a transporter to move cars around the country ?

If so who was it, how much did it cost, and was the car fine when you got it ?

Im thinking about ways to get the touring down from New Plymouth to Wellington, has anyone used a transporter to move cars around the country ?

Hi Tek just transported his m3 from welly to AK ... ill attn: him to this port

I sent my M3 from Welly - Invercargill on the train (freight).

Call them for a quote as not too sure if they do HB to Welly.

From HB to Welly I'd expect it to be a few hundy.

Laurence.

Hi Penry.

I as Josh has just said I've had my E30 M3 shipped from Wellington to Auckland. The cost was $337 + GST

I used Car Haulaways http://www.carhaul.co.nz/ it took only a day to get here. Car Haulaways are the biggest car transporter outfit in the country as far as I'm aware.

My vehicle arrived to good shape, the only catch is the "no lower than 150mm" rule.

Automovements

Seaview

Lower Hutt

260+GSt Auckland to Wellington

Car was delivered next day in perfect condition

To the guys who have gotten your cars sent up, did they deliver it to your door or did you pick it up from the depot? I see Auto Movements says something about 'door to door' but I am guessing it will be extra.

Btw Chris - I got quoted $280 + GST for Auto Movements Wellington to Auckland, was your price from a while back?

Cart-A-Car in waitara bro give them a ring.

Phone: 06-754 5552

Fax: 06-754 5512

Mobile: 0-27-435 1890

Call Free: 0800 100 023

Mailing Address:

RD 43 277 Inland North Road

WAITARA 4383

I used them when I sold my teg to a guy in Auckland. They picked the car up and dropped it off also for about $280 i think which wasnt to bad for good service. There were no catch's either and they are locally owned ;)

Regards, Luke

I wouldnt use Jeffs, from personal experience, damage to my car, plus many months to sort out.

While they have trucks around the South Island, they are generally only using transporters for Boats in North Island, so they are likely to contract North Island work out.

Just realized ur in welly not new plymouth haha.. im heading down to welly this weekend tho ;) haha nah but yea give cart-a-car a ring maybe worth it

To the guys who have gotten your cars sent up, did they deliver it to your door or did you pick it up from the depot? I see Auto Movements says something about 'door to door' but I am guessing it will be extra.

Hi mate, most of the bigger transporter places won't do 'door to door' in some circumstances as they're scared of narrow residential streets with sharp bends and parked cars.

If you're nice enough to them on the phone they can look at a street map and let you know if they'll drop it off to your house.

I just went for the easy option and had them deliver my M3 to my local BP connect station as it's got plenty of parking and is 300m from my house anyhow :)

If it were me. I'd book a flight and drive it home.

You can get there tomorrow from WLG for $149. Far more fun than waiting for it.

I can Cain, but we have a three week old baby at home with two other kids and a very tired wife, so after taking the day to see it in the first place, Im not about to take another day to drive it back !

When you factor in the $50 cab from my house to the airport and $40 in petrol its all of a sudden not so expensive :)

Hi mate, most of the bigger transporter places won't do 'door to door' in some circumstances as they're scared of narrow residential streets with sharp bends and parked cars.

If you're nice enough to them on the phone they can look at a street map and let you know if they'll drop it off to your house.

I just went for the easy option and had them deliver my M3 to my local BP connect station as it's got plenty of parking and is 300m from my house anyhow :)

Sounds good, thanks for that!

Thanks Paul, its just the time that I cant spare :(

Id love to go up there again, the 'cruise' in the 740 was great fun :ph34r:

Does anyone know the name of the shipping company that transports cars from CHCH to Wellington directly??

I know theres a ship that leaves from CHC harbur and into Welly the next day, keen to call them to book my car for December.

Laurence.