Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

exhaust on a E36

hi all

planing on buying an exhaust for my 320i seen many on trade me i was after a remus in particular but there seem to be alot of cheapies , i dont want a very loud one or a big bore jap style as seen wrxs an vr4s just a nice note also dont want it to look tackey

any tips on what to buy ? also if i buy an go to get the it put on with the pipe work who would you recomend

iv heard Wolf mufflers are good but also some say pit stop are just as good but i wouldnt know

cheers for help

post-1718-1194233727_thumb.jpg

This is what i have going on my bmw...

Posted Image

Posted Image

euro style muffler, havnt got it on there yet tho, should look the part got it off trademe under $200

Luke

yeh il planing on good pipe work , headers later on but who does them iv seen heaps but for left hook only

This is what i have going on my bmw...

Posted Image

Posted Image

euro style muffler, havnt got it on there yet tho, should look the part got it off trademe under $200

Luke

My the looks of that pic you must really like lift plus :D

hahahaa good observation.

i've got a e36 and am getting a 328 exhaust for it soon - from single pipe to twin pipes from headers back. get any tip after that.

How about this

Hey joel i didnt know you took the big bore off your honda.

Im with Boost Junky on this. go with a euro style muffler

Hey joel i didnt know you took the big bore off your honda.

Im with Boost Junky on this. go with a euro style muffler

I was trying to get rid of yours for you, durr

simple yet effective , nice^^^^^

yeh ima go just a twin pipe out the back once again simple yet nice

We're getting a muffler custom made for us at Ultra Tuff Mufflers at the Mount. They do race car systems and fabrication work and their products are good quality.

Julian at BM Autobahn advised us to replace the "...restrictive muffler and remove the cats..." fit mandrel bends and fit a twin in/out muffler. I dunno much about moddifying BMW's but he said the 328i headers were ok so they can stay and we'll just smooth the system with better pipe...mostly for sound anyway as I'm loath to lose too much of the low down grunt this engine has :D

Yea def euro style twin exit. I know mine was rather cheap but the baffles seem all good inside. As far as twin entrance/exit on the tip u can get a twin entrance on that style muffler, im simply running a single entrance because my system is going to be 2.5" single exhaust pipe from the downpipe back. I'll get a video of what it sounds like when the cars running hopefully next week.

My the looks of that pic you must really like lift plus :D

Haha yea cant be to healthy that many lol! I dont drink that much I just kept the bottles who knows why...

Luke

Stock 328 headers are "ordinary" I replaced mine with genuine M3 headers and got 12 kW extra and more torque right across the range.

You would be lucky to get 3 to 5 kW from a serious custom mid and rear sections.

Hold on guys! Iam in the process of importing SS/304 tig welded RHD, headers.

Have got samples coming for my E46/ 328 and a friends car.

W :rolleyes: :banghead: ill test and post comments.

Most models available, E30/ 4 and 6 cyl, E36, E46.

Stock 328 headers are "ordinary" I replaced mine with genuine M3 headers and got 12 kW extra and more torque right across the range.

You would be lucky to get 3 to 5 kW from a serious custom mid and rear sections.

12wkw? got a chart. I'd be very interested to see the torque curve :D