Sign in to follow this  
hobbsie

opinion poll - 93 540 vs e30 320

Thought I'd see what you all think, keep the e30 thats done 159km and do the shocks or buy the 1993 540 189km for $5g

post-1016-1194243453_thumb.jpg

post-1016-1194244315_thumb.jpg

they are COMPLETELY different cars..is the 540 a manual?Do my eyes deceive me or are they actually throwing stars(the wheels)?Could be $2000 dollars worth of wheels if the right people were to bid for em...Take the 540 for a drive..the difference to the E30 will be night and day.

Dont know if its just the angle but the 540 should have the W I D E grill not the neat narrow(e 30 ish) one

they are COMPLETELY different cars..is the 540 a manual?Do my eyes deceive me or are they actually throwing stars(the wheels)?Could be $2000 dollars worth of wheels if the right people were to bid for em...Take the 540 for a drive..the difference to the E30 will be night and day.

Dont know if its just the angle but the 540 should have the W I D E grill not the neat narrow(e 30 ish) one

Yeah they sure are, nah shes auto. 2g! didn't really think much of them on it ay crazy. No its the wide grill. I think i just like the power of the 540 but def prefer the looks of the e30. Just had a few probs lately with it and was throwing up the idea.

540's are great cars, but maintenance will be quite a bit more expensive than an E30.

In saying that, it is a very good time to buy one. They are getting cheaper and cheaper, whilst at the same time some people are paying drug money for E30's (to think 5 years ago I sold a very tidy NZ 318i f/l manual travelled 200km for only $1900...)

Hunt around, there are quite a few 540's for sale at the moment. Can't tell too much from the photo, but the one above does look a little rough.