Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

alarms

just wanted some advice on alarms..

car was broken into last night and i have had enough,

i want a decent alarm and dont mind paying the money for what i need.

i have a mongoose alarm at the moment and im pretty sure it is 3 star. it has no

siren etc which is usless. it has 2 immobilisers.

wanted some recommendations on alarms. im looking at the mongoose m80. 5 star which has

central locking, window, bonnent ad boot sensors etc. plus there is the option of tilt sensors

which can also be added

any good ? yea or no?

Yeah, good unit, will do exactly what you want. Can even add GPS tracking if you want I believe $$$$

Edited by bravo

just wanted some advice on alarms..

car was broken into last night and i have had enough,

i want a decent alarm and dont mind paying the money for what i need.

i have a mongoose alarm at the moment and im pretty sure it is 3 star. it has no

siren etc which is usless. it has 2 immobilisers.

wanted some recommendations on alarms. im looking at the mongoose m80. 5 star which has

central locking, window, bonnent ad boot sensors etc. plus there is the option of tilt sensors

which can also be added

any good ? yea or no?

I was also looking at upgrading my alarm for the convertible (existing one is very temperamental and came with the car with only one remote).

I was considering the Uniden 2600VX - 5 star. Have seen these on TM at the moment from a dealer in CHCH - going for $160 buy now/offered.

I want one with 2 immobilisers and a siren that doesn't go through every emergency sound in the book... would prefer an alarm sound with only one noise (not 8+).

Guest Rick James

You need an alarm in tandem with other counter measures;

Change the stickers to a different brand, so stop pimply faced installers coming over and pinching it because they know how to wire a uniden but not a mongoose.

Have a cabin mounted siren so its bloody loud if they're inside the car.

Run kill switches in unusual places (one in the bonnet for example).

Have all black wiring (no brainer).

Look into security film that is shatterproof.

Have an imobiliser (bosch do them) that is linked to a transponder on your keys, so regardless of whether the car is unlocked or not, the car ain't starting unless the keys are within 5ft.

I'm sure others will have suggestions too - this is a war, and its okay to play sneaky with these f**kers.