Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Show us ya keyrings

im bored...so i do what bored people do....take pictures of my keys

i recently upgraded.....everyone post pics of their keys!

post-18-1086235145.jpg

SNAP!!!! sam - that bullet.... hmmmm..... thats a pipe..... correct???? i got a "maglite" on my keyring..... hahaha goodshit - never know when you might need it a? :D

Guest Spargo

what a hard out! slyly slippping the e30 pics in

Yea, pretty smooooth huh?

now all he needs to do is get one.....

my key to my car is so old i think it is going to snap soon , anyone know how much for a new blank key from the dealer is????

and plus its stupd cos it doesnt say bmw on it it is the same as gus's one with the bmw badge only i dont have one it just says BM7P???

and also want a new key ring a bmw one!!

the big one with the bmw badge is from the 5

Guest Zwilling

Where's yours Davo? Sic? I be curious as to what a honda key looks like... -_-

From the BMZ South Africa site:

"BMW car keys have almost always been able to do more than simply unlock the door and start the engine and now, the BMW key, in conjunction with a KeyReader at service receptions, is even more "intelligent."

Instead of having to answer a number of questions about the vehicle when the customer brings it in for a service, he simply hands over the keys. All the necessary information such as vehicle chassis number, distance driven and service interval display, are all stored in the key and reflected on the Dealer Management System via the KeyReader.

The KeyReader is a new, innovative device from BMW Service that automatically reads the data stored in the car key. The dealer completing the service thus has easy access to important information used in determining the service requirements on a particular vehicle, without wasting the customer's time.

The 3 Series sedan was the first to offer the key memory and this feature has been available on 5 and 7 Series vehicles since September 1999."

I bet its also gonna keep track of wether youve thrashed it in the future, making warranties a pain...

Guest Zwilling

I bet its also gonna keep track of wether youve thrashed it in the future, making warranties a pain...

Hehe, Andy will have a hard time winding back the speedo... Edited by Zwilling

what if you lost your key - someone with the right access, could read the info, get the chasis number and then trace where to get the vehicle - hey hes got the key! that seems to be like writing your rego or name and address on a tag on your keyring that has your house/car keys on em.... :thumb:

Guest Zwilling

damn german boys, that'll think of next...key rings with thumbprint id security... <_<

you asked for it.

post-18-1086322336.jpg

Edited by 37 South

Guest Zwilling

Nein, nicht mir... <_<

Give the man a cake, or, where's that piccy...

I give you the angus :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

post-18-1086322549.jpg

Edited by Zwilling