Sign in to follow this  
barf

e30 m20b23 - anyone ms'd one of these?

if you have I'd be keen to hear from you!

I've installed my MS2 but tuning is no easy task, maybe i'm getting my hopes up but would someone have a .msq or VE-table they could share? still havn't got mine started but maybe later today after I get rid of this stupid TPS switch thing.

how many cc/min or lbs/hr do the stock injectors claim to do?

what req-fuel value did you use?

what's a suitable TPS replacement (one that isn't a bloody switch)?

How'd you go about wiring it it? did you reuse most of the stock loom or build a new one. Over the next few weeks I'm about to install one into a M10 318i, which uses the same L-jet system as yours. I was going to make an adapter but I've found that there is actually very little I can use, the power will need to be re-wired along with the injectors as they all fire simultaneously.

I'm using a TPS from a E34 525i with an M50, plugs straight in but I'll need to make a small adpater to mounts it. There is a TPS from early E34 with autos I think that is both a switch and variable style and that mounts straight up.

cheers mike. got mine to idle comfortably but lean this afternoon - a long way to go still.

I've wired it onto the back of the original ECU connector loom but added power circuit. factory air temp and coolant temp are both negative temp coefficient. the injectors fire in two separate banks on mine. at the moment, i'm taking timing from the tacho (coil negative) just to get it on it's feet, until I find a VR to fit into the bellhousing.

well it got me to work and home twice!

having a problem with it stumbling or juddering under decel approaching idle speed. any megasquirters experienced with this?

other than that, even without a proper TPS it's far more driveable than the turd ECU it had! I highly reccomend megasquirt! not for the uninitiated though, you gotta be handy with an o-scope and/or know whats going on.

Edited by barf

so how is the tuning going ? it took me long time to get mine under control, i always had issues with accel enrich....

so how is the tuning going ? it took me long time to get mine under control, i always had issues with accel enrich....

it's going good bro! no o2 sensor so tuning by the seat of my pants. the old '85 fuel system called for a slightly higher than calculated req_fuel I've settled on 19.1 now initially I calculated at 3bar top-rail pressure 16.3 should work.

can;t be bothered (ie i work too much) getting a throttle sensor so fuelling is controlled by only RPM and manifold air pressure but very smooth and shortened my intake plumbing and removed the barn door so improved rpm control with considerable power off idle still. have yet to control spark with the MS2 but that will happen as soon as i suss out a decent trottle position sensor! i'm missing out on heaps of MS2 features like X-tau correction and TPS-based accel/decel mixture correction so really need a TPS before going much further, need o2 sensor aswell but not until it's dyno time.

try turnin off accel/decel enrich and x-tau if you having trouble tuning it caused me issues cos i have tps switch (ie either 0% or 100% throttle) and so hitting TPS100% would cause mixture change to be too drastic

req_fuel is most important setting and you can throw out VE table by changing it, what req-fuel do you use? what is your VE table's 3d shape like?

sorry you probably know how already but what I did was change the req_fuel until idle torque was OK then modified the VE table using the built-in table generator to increase HP and torque if I increased req-Fuel and use lower HP/torque when reducing req_fuel to keep the difference between full vac and atmosphere in line with the base/req_fuel value, its a tricky job without all these pro=tuner o2 sensors, smelling the mixture is a close second though ;-)