Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Pimp my pit bike

Just got given a pit bike as a promo at work (haha who would have thought),pretty much they pay for one that I buy from a cheap dealer from trademe.

Anyways,it's nothing flash...2 stroke 49cc pull start etc etc max speed is 50 odd kph. Am thinking it's got a lawn mower motor of some description.

Am just wanting to know if theres anything I can do to make it go a bit better and get more out of it? I don't care if its gonna be super rowdy (heck I'd be stoked if i could annoy the neighbours some more!) just want it to go a bit better.

Any ideas? (lol)

Ashkan

I got one as well, its a 125cc tho, pretty trick little thing :D

Just watch the out that the bolts that holds the back sprocket on doesn't come loose, mine did.

I put some race gas out of one of my skis in it.Haha FTW, didnt make it noticably quiker tho.

You could re jet the carb if you wanted to get carried away!

They are fun as. Me and my dad built one with a 125cc scooter engine....does 130kph!!!!!!!! awsome.

post-1483-1194855363_thumb.jpg

Mean.

Lefty fork just like a cannodale mt bike.

haha fcuk doin 130k on something that small!!!Good work tho

Mean.

Lefty fork just like a cannodale mt bike.

haha fcuk doin 130k on something that small!!!Good work tho

We used the left over bits from the scooter we got the engine from. Its bloody scary doing 130kph on it i tell you!

could change the gearing depending if you want more speed or acceleration.

my old boss would be able to make a custom tuned exhaust for it but it would not be cheap, and that about the easiest way to get some more grunt out of it.

You could play with the carb a bit but not to sure what needle and jet availablilty would be like.

Hmm yeah was thinking gearing,quicker top acceleration would be cool i guess lol. I'll pick it up tommorow and see what happens,should be fun!

dont leave it lying out front your work ^^^^^^^^^^^

ill chuck in in the boot

i know where u work ^^^^^^^^^^^^

hahhaha jokes u lucky bastard!

Best thing you can do to make a 50cc go faster is to take a crap before you ride and go on a diet.

But if you hit the limiter in top gear to quick you can increase the size of the rear cog. You may have to make one up unless it is a big brand like Thumpster where you can get them off the shelf.

The cheap ones from China are junk. Wont last long if you thrash it doing jumps etc. So take care of it and treat it well if it is one.

Dont run it on Av Gas. Haha. Trust me on this one. They sieze quickly.

I am cranking a minibike from 1981. Called a Truetest. Real popular back then. I added disk brakes and a new paint job. Does about 65kph with my fat ass on it. 4 stroke B&S power!!!

Lol got it today. It is a roady and a chinese one.

Still needs 4 more tanks worth of running in but it's pretty damn fun. Had so many people honk and wave as I hacked it down Wairau road then into Elice road to test how well it handled through the islands haha far out can't wait till it's run in and I can hit the limit!