Sign in to follow this  
Markq

I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!&#

Hey,

I have a new resistor for my E34's heater fan thingy and I cannot find where the heck it should be. I know I have asked this dumb question before, but no matter where I look and what panels I take off I just can't see anything similar!!!!!

Anyone have a helpful link with a pic of where it is hidden?? Or have I f'd up and brought the wrong part????

Cheers!

On my E46 it was an absolute bastard to get to - I got access via the drivers foot well up under the dash towards the centre of the car, had to remove a couple of covers from memory. Not sure if the 34 is the same.

Guest 540Si

Hey,

I have a new resistor for my E34's heater fan thingy and I cannot find where the heck it should be. I know I have asked this dumb question before, but no matter where I look and what panels I take off I just can't see anything similar!!!!!

Anyone have a helpful link with a pic of where it is hidden?? Or have I f'd up and brought the wrong part????

Cheers!

Hey Mark

Try this and see if it helps

Cheers

Si

heater_resistor_diag.pdf

Looks so simple in the diagram huh. But alas, I am still searchin. Could it be that mine uses a final stage?? Might have a look over there!!! Or maybe, my car is just unique and doesn;t want to show its resistor!!!

Guest 540Si

Looks so simple in the diagram huh. But alas, I am still searchin. Could it be that mine uses a final stage?? Might have a look over there!!! Or maybe, my car is just unique and doesn;t want to show its resistor!!!

Try looking in here - browse to your model car ie. E34; 535; Euro; RHD; manual etc and look thru heater parts description. Sometimes there is an exploded diagram of where all the parts are

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=&...ns=M&arch=0

I'll look in my Haynes manual too

Try looking in here - browse to your model car ie. E34; 535; Euro; RHD; manual etc and look thru heater parts description. Sometimes there is an exploded diagram of where all the parts are

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=&...ns=M&arch=0

I'll look in my Haynes manual too

Ta. Is this right?? http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=64&fg=40 Still, I'm a dumbass!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, I should stop hassling you and go to BM to get it done!!

where are you located.I am sure someone can point you in the direction odfa good indy.They will prolly show you whereit is.What sort of heater system have you got.Three vertical dials and levers or three horizontal wheels and buttons

where are you located.I am sure someone can point you in the direction odfa good indy.They will prolly show you whereit is.What sort of heater system have you got.Three vertical dials and levers or three horizontal wheels and buttons

Hey,

From my research (maybe flawed) I have taken off the carpeted panel beside the clutch and the black plasticy panel above the panels and I'm looking in towards the centre console but cant see anything that stands out.

Heater controls are as you described

if you are in ak , i am in papakura and have a heater box out of a car so you can see .