Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Why can't I view all of the replies in a thread?

I went from a 'standard' forum format were the thread had pages of replies that I could read in full to a different style were the original post is there, but all the replies are 'links' were I can only see the first 5 or so words... :|

What did I do?

Ash

I think the only way to return to "normal view" is to clear your browser's cache.

Tried playing with all that stuff - no joy, it's still the same.

I gather this is a singular issue then, no one else has this or the board didn't change styles recently?

Ash

I get it sometimes, but deleting my cookies/temp internet files always fixes it....

Not sure what to do if you've still got the problem after doing that.

Deleting my cookies did it - it must have only deleted temp int files the first time.

Thanks for your help.

Ash

This is happening to me now and deleting my cookies and temp files and everything else isnt working anymore... Help anyone???

Are you on ADSL? If so, what ADSL modem have you?

Normally clearing cache etc cures this. I used to get it but havn't since I switched to Firefox.

Will

I'm seriously thinking this should be a sticky, posts like this come up every few months, and I know I posted in a few of them! lol

I had this issue (with firefox) once. Just like everyone else I cleared the cookies and shizzam

I've had this problem a few times, but a recent problem I've encountered is having logon and re-logon all the time ???????????

arghhhhhhhh just had to logon again, the forum has a mind of it's own, time for someone to look at it I feel.

If you are using FF go tools > options > security tab > tick "remember passwords for sites"

Maybe also go tools > options > privacy tab > tick "accept cookies from sites". I don't really know what cookies are but they seem to do stuff...

And if you're using IE......LOL

cookies are little tokens that have bits of information regarding particular sites...like who you are so when you return to bimmersport you are automatically logged in.If you delete all your cookies then when you go back you appear as a new member....