Sign in to follow this  
EDIRTY

which e30's had battery in the boot factory???????

I have recently purchased a parts car, it is a pre F/L m20b25 and i have noticed the following things which differ from other pre F/L's i have seen in the past:

factory battery in the boot?

Cloth recaro interior

full on board computer (where clock usually goes)

Has someone opted for these additions from new or is this quite common for some 325i? i have yet to check if it has long distance fuel tanks (possibly SA model???) i also noticed a different BMW steering wheel more of a racey look, quite different from my original BMW wheel. After smoking up the rear wheels i am delighted in the fact that it has an LSD, could this be an iS model????

Edited by EDIRTY

I have recently purchased a parts car, it is a pre F/L m20b25 and i have noticed the following things which differences from other pre F/L's i have seen in the past:

Cloth recaro interior

Has someone opted for these additions from new or is this quite common for some 325i? i have yet to check if it has long distance fuel tanks (possibly SA model???) i also noticed a different BMW steering wheel more of a racey look, quite different from my original BMW wheel. After smoking up the rear wheels i am dilighted in the fact that it has an LSD, could this be an iS model????

i have a 325se which is newzealand new and its a f/l, has the lsd full computer, sporty steering wheel, mine has leather recaro and factory battery in the boot.

hope thats of any help

i have a 325se which is newzealand new and its a f/l, has the lsd full computer, sporty steering wheel, mine has leather recaro and factory battery in the boot.

hope thats of any help

thanks for the info dude,

with your "se" how does that differ engine wise to the 325 "i"?

325i and M3 only as far as i know

so all 325i's had battery in boot? full computer? or just a factory option?

thanks for your help :)

Not to mention, the car is 20years old, so quite possibly could of had some of these options added on anywhere during the course of its life.

Not to mention, the car is 20years old, so quite possibly could of had some of these options added on anywhere during the course of its life.

it appears very un-touched/changed to tell you truth, it looks like very few covers and bits have never been removed full tool kit etc. it also has cruise control which my one doesnt. i guess the first owner must have ticked all the boxes at the BMW dealership :)

I have recently purchased a parts car, it is a pre F/L m20b25 and i have noticed the following things which differ from other pre F/L's i have seen in the past:

Cloth recaro interior

Has someone opted for these additions from new or is this quite common for some 325i? i have yet to check if it has long distance fuel tanks (possibly SA model???) i also noticed a different BMW steering wheel more of a racey look, quite different from my original BMW wheel. After smoking up the rear wheels i am delighted in the fact that it has an LSD, could this be an iS model????

Some earlier E30 323i's had these as options and dog leg gearbox

Hi, have you tried putting the last 7 digits of your vin No into this site

RealOEM.COM It has all the parts listed that your car left the factory with, plus which market it was built for. Cheers

Cloth recaro interior

Sounds like a S/A build car - check the ID plate under the bonnet - will tell if German or S/A build. I have two NZ new 325i's here - one original auto been converted to manual, the other factory manual, both German with battery in boot.

Sorry to change subject but just quickly, what does OEM stand for?

just another side....is this thread referring to the main battery or a smaller auxillary battery in the boot?

just another side....is this thread referring to the main battery or a smaller auxillary battery in the boot?

Main, E30's had them either front R/H side against bulkhead or R/H side in boot. I suspect all 325's were in the boot -have seen both German & African cars with them there. Stand to be corrected though.

there is no smaller aux battery on e30s?

Is that to help get a more even weight ratio (ie 50:50 Front:Rear) because of heavier engine?

If so, why not do this to a 320i?

^^ yep exactly

its not a 320 as a) they arent going to be driven fast and B) no one really cares about them.

and not just heavier engine, the m3 engine is lighter..it improves weight distribution