Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

17s on E30

hey guys im thinking of getting some 17x7.5 rims for my 1990 320i E30

they have an offset of +42 so would stick out and rub on the guards, so am probably just going to get my guards rolled and then everything would fit sweet hopefully,

are there any other problems i would run into with this size and offset?

cheers, blair

Offset goes the other way, 42 will have them on your struts at 7.5 I believe.

Offset goes the other way, 42 will have them on your struts at 7.5 I believe.

ohhh haha cheers for that!

they have an offset of +42 so would stick out and rub on the guards, so am probably just going to get my guards rolled and then everything would fit sweet hopefully,

cheers, blair

hi blair

i work in the tyre industry,the wheels you are going to buy wont rub on the outter part of your guards. as a +42 it will sit aprox a inch/inch & a half in and would more likely rub on the strut.17x7.5 are a good width wheel for e30s but you really need to have a +25 offset and even then unless your car is super low wont rub on the guards

hope this helps

hi blair

i work in the tyre industry,the wheels you are going to buy wont rub on the outter part of your guards. as a +42 it will sit aprox a inch/inch & a half in and would more likely rub on the strut.17x7.5 are a good width wheel for e30s but you really need to have a +25 offset and even then unless your car is super low wont rub on the guards

hope this helps

thanks for that, il keep hunting around then, idealily i would like some mint 16s with some dish but they are quite hard to come by!

no worries

im on the hunt for some nice wheels for my e30 too,tring for 17'' but i guess ill see how it goes

cheers, blair

HI Blair

those wheels will definitely not work on your E30. They will hit the inside struts and the wheel will not turn once bolted up. I currently have wheels in stock that will work, although they are 16's not 17's unfortunately. We also have a shop in NP that can help you out, PM for details.

cheers

Johno

could just get spacers, will solve the strut problem wouldnt it?

Isn't spacers illegal?

Not if you get a cert.

I had spacers on my E30 and passed VTNZ wof x2. Guess they're another item in the grey area.

probably not worth getting a cert as they cost a bit, might as wel get the correct wheel from the start!

Isn't spacers illegal?

spacers are not illegal if they are either fixed to the hub of the vehicle or fixed to the wheel itself. Fixed means attached so that can not come off, ie they should be screwed or bolted on. Remember also that you will have to run longer studs as well.

If your spacers are attached the car STILL requires an LVV cert to make it 100% legal.

As said above it is a bit of a grey area and some 'friendly' WOF outlets may let it through.

advanti have a 17'' wheel called the "Flash" and i think ssa wheels have a wheel called the "forza" both are 25 et.pop into local tyre shop,most tyre shops can get these wheels.

k im probalby just guna get them and spacers. certing aint that bad really

will give it a staunch look!

k im probalby just guna get them and spacers. certing aint that bad really

will give it a staunch look!

you shouldnt need spacers if your running 20-25 offset wheels these fill out the guards.

have just found a 17" dished wheel that will bolt straight on 17 x 7 at 30et from one of our suppliers. We are just about to do another wheel order to will put a pic up tomorrow to gauge interest :D

you shouldnt need spacers if your running 20-25 offset wheels these fill out the guards.

the offset im lookin at is +42 thats y i was looking at spacers

cheers for that

have just found a 17" dished wheel that will bolt straight on 17 x 7 at 30et from one of our suppliers. We are just about to do another wheel order to will put a pic up tomorrow to gauge interest :D

sweet sounds good

silly little asian people sent the pic through on a PDf file with about 100 other wheels. I have no idea how to save it and then load up here, will try and get them to take a photo and resend to me in jpeg format. rough description, 10 spoke wheel in hyper silver with machined dish looks to be about 50mm.

cheers

Edited by zenetti

silly little asian people sent the pic through on a PDf file with about 100 other wheels. I have no idea how to save it and then load up here, will try and get them to take a photo and resend to me in jpeg format. rough description, 10 spoke wheel in hyper silver with machined dish looks to be about 50mm.

cheers

ohh they sound pretty mint!

cheers

Just use the function that looks like a camera in pdf format. Drag it over the pic of the wheel which copys the image, then you can paste it where ever and upload it.

Just use the function that looks like a camera in pdf format. Drag it over the pic of the wheel which copys the image, then you can paste it where ever and upload it.

unfortunately we only have adobe reader so can't copy it, wil have to think of some other way

iv found another rim i like with offsets of +45 40 or 38,

which offset would work best with spacers or is there not much difference?

i want to go low so the rims sit inside the guards a bit