Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

Sump plug for e36 323i 'wgtn'

Does anyone have a sump plug, or even better a magnetic one for an e36, with m52 engine?? whilst doing an oil change, we put old one with new ring back on and it sheered off - we managed to get the thread out, but now i need another!!

If anyone in welly has one i would be keen, cos i need it asap, otherwise it'll be a call to jeff gray bmw tomorrow and what i'm sure will be silly money for a plug!!

Also out of curiosity are the plugs the same for the e30's and 36's? i'm under the assumption they are? my plug is of similar diameter to an m12 sized bolt.

thanks.

Edited by bmpower

I got a new one from BMW for cheap as on my brothers E36.Think under 20 bucks.

Probably should buy a new one - did the old one shear from overtorquing? If so get yourself a torque wrench, gives you that much more peace of mind.

$15 or less from repco from memory. Just take a drive to your nearest repco, auto one or bmw $tealership.

Edited by bravo

Got it sorted monday! Repco, supercheap and everywhere else i tried never had one, so ended up getting it from jeff gray for a sweet $10!! And she's running sweet now! Thanks