Sign in to follow this  
320det

e30 rb20det

just thought i would chuck a few pics of my car on after seeing everyone elses. Just finished paint job in a schwarz black with gold metallic. rb20det conversion including gbox etc etc all certed..... could POSSIBLY be looking to sell for the right money. e.g. offers

all comments appreciated. Also am looking for e30 kit or even just skirts. is anyone able to help am new to bimmersport.cheers

post-2509-1195623587_thumb.jpg

post-2509-1195623663_thumb.jpg

post-2509-1195623919_thumb.jpg

Welcome. Have much trouble with fiting the engine etc? how does it go? Looks mint by the way.

Welcome. Been waiting to see one of these. An obvious conversion, but the sr20det seems much more popular.

One question. Why did you go rb20? why not rb25 seeing as it takes up the same space, costs not much different, has more aftermarket turbe etc options and goes so much harder?

Awesome

Are you in Auckland? Or were in Auckland about a month ago?

I remember seeing a black E30 with big arse front mount and same looking wheels in Glenfield around then.

Good job and welcome.

Nice conversion mate,we were tossing up a twin turbo rb30 conversion on mine before the 1uz. They really arent that hard to fit and are ideal for RHD e30s as the exhaust manifold is on the LHS of the car, also no issues with having to move the brake booster ( a real hassel) The only reason i didnt go that way was because of the weight and how far the engine sits infront of the front axle.But the are stil lighter than a n/a m30 conversion.

Very sweet anyway! what kind of hp we talkin? factory turb i guess?

mint conversion man!

im quite keen to do a rb20det conversion on my parts car and turn it into a drifter, would be insane fun!

looks tough!

Welcome. Been waiting to see one of these. An obvious conversion, but the sr20det seems much more popular.

One question. Why did you go rb20? why not rb25 seeing as it takes up the same space, costs not much different, has more aftermarket turbe etc options and goes so much harder?

hey bud sr20 is popular coz its such a jam to fit in the rb id say (both are mint engines) and after seeing iplezr seems a bit smoother. in answer to your 25 vs 20. depends on personal preference. 20 is MUCH higher revving than 25 and in my experience stronger. my 20 now has the benefit of the 25 turbo also. in regards to aftermarket options thats true however there are still sh*t loads of goodies for the 20 to.cheers for the input

Nice conversion mate,we were tossing up a twin turbo rb30 conversion on mine before the 1uz. They really arent that hard to fit and are ideal for RHD e30s as the exhaust manifold is on the LHS of the car, also no issues with having to move the brake booster ( a real hassel) The only reason i didnt go that way was because of the weight and how far the engine sits infront of the front axle.But the are stil lighter than a n/a m30 conversion.

Very sweet anyway! what kind of hp we talkin? factory turb i guess?

hey bud sounds like a plan! has been up'd to a 25 turbo but thus far is all 'relatively' standard. in terms of power at a conservative guess 160kw.good luck with your conversion!!!

Awesome

Are you in Auckland? Or were in Auckland about a month ago?

I remember seeing a black E30 with big arse front mount and same looking wheels in Glenfield around then.

Good job and welcome.

yea mate that would have been before the paint job believe. dont think theres many/any other black turbo e30s in auck?.cheers

Welcome. Have much trouble with fiting the engine etc? how does it go? Looks mint by the way.

hey man cheers for that. goes bloody well actually. seems to destroy diffs to quickly though lol. extremely tight conversion.i heard rumour of someone who hacked into their firewall to fit theirs however id say thats just to distribute the weight a bit better towards the rear

think i saw this on orourke road in penrose when i finished work? i drove past you going down past mainfreight?

think it was the same car

yeah mate i work on ororke so definitely be the one.

think i saw this on orourke road in penrose when i finished work? i drove past you going down past mainfreight?

think it was the same car

I like it mate, shes a bit different to the normal conversions, but cool all the same. Did you have any issues getting the engine low enough in the engine bay to keep the inlet manifold and piping from hitting the bonnett?? Ive got a mate whos looking to do a similar conversion in his e30 coupe.

Love it dude, hide your intercooler with a mtech II kit??

cheers.. thats the plan does someone on here sell them? am particularly after skirts but full kit if not too expensive

I like it mate, shes a bit different to the normal conversions, but cool all the same. Did you have any issues getting the engine low enough in the engine bay to keep the inlet manifold and piping from hitting the bonnett?? Ive got a mate whos looking to do a similar conversion in his e30 coupe.

hey there cheers for that.. in regards to positioning its not to bad.. sump had to be adapted but other than that it lines up "ok" is a VERY tight squeeze. if you look at the eng pic bov is highest point which sits about 3mm from the bonnet.cheers

hey bro, your the guy i met at bk that time ay?

looks good now its all painted bro, still keen for that race?

hey bro, your the guy i met at bk that time ay?

looks good now its all painted bro, still keen for that race?

haha yer thats me. cheerz. for sure just going to send it in for a decent tune and we'll be in business haha.hows urs going?

haha yer thats me. cheerz. for sure just going to send it in for a decent tune and we'll be in business haha.hows urs going?

mean!, um mines going ok ay, keep breaking sh*t like diffs and rear cv joints etc lol. rather them than gearboxes tho ay haha