Sign in to follow this  
Cristian

e30 rims... can 40p fit?

They will if they are 4x100 but will look like sh*t unless you use proper spacers.

hi i was looking at buying these rims on trade me and the offset is 40p there 17 " rims.. will these fit??

4/100 is your stud pattern ,but at 40p they will sit in approx 2'' in from you outer guard,and if they are any wider then 7'' theres a possibilty they will rub on your strut.

hi i was looking at buying these rims on trade me and the offset is 40p there 17 " rims.. will these fit??

don't buy them they will not fit without using a bolt-on adaptor. They will more than likely hit the inside struts on the front and most definitely hit on full lock.

35 offset, 7" wide hits the front struts without spacers. so you will need spacers.

yeah dude, been there done that, then youll see e30s on car domain with filled gaurds...

35 offset, 7" wide hits the front struts without spacers. so you will need spacers.

what diameter wheels? I take it thats with the bigger 51mm struts?

just curious cos I'm pretty sure 17x7 ET38 will just clear the 45mm struts

when i first was buying wheels i tryd to put on a wheel with a ET 38. the spokes hit the break caliper and it needed 6mm spacer.

even with the 6mm spacer on full lock the wheels were hitting my sump guard.

better get a wheel with the right offset!!!

when i first was buying wheels i tryd to put on a wheel with a ET 38. the spokes hit the break caliper and it needed 6mm spacer.

even with the 6mm spacer on full lock the wheels were hitting my sump guard.

better get a wheel with the right offset!!!

^ that has happened to me too, normally its the struts that are the proplem though.

FYI:

Ideal offset for a 7" wheel on an e30 is between 20 and 25, with factory size being 25 of the weaves. 30mm will probably work in most cases but wont look as good as it will sit inside the guards a bit.

Spacers: For those who dont know how the offsets work spacers will reduce the offset.

Ie, if you have an ET38 wheel I would use a 15mm spacer to bring it down to ET23.

Even better is to get the right offset wheels than f**k around with spacers and the dramas that go with with.

Edited by Mike