Sign in to follow this  
liam02

e36 shocks

Hi, I am loking to replace the shocks on my e36 touring, they are shot. I would normally replace with OEM parts, but VJ at Page European suggests i would be just as well off with Monroe shocks. Apart from a cost saving what else are people using? I am keeping the car standard therefore wont be fitting mtech or bilsteins. Thanks

If its a 318I touring, munroe are fine

320, 325...use Boge' OEM from SAS

Ring me for info

Cheers

Glenn

Red one, silver sold the day I offered her the money. I used to have a schnitzer touring but i don't intend to replicate that, just want to get it back to standard and clean it up for my wife.

post-281-1196745840_thumb.jpg

The red one looked tidy, nice buy. Schnitzer Touring is very cool, I've never seen one before. And a facelift too. Does it have the ACS rear bumper cover as well? I see it doesn't have the sideskirts but aside from that seems to have all the goodies.

From my understanding this was the only schnitzer touring to come in nz new by bmwnz. Based on a manual 328, i tried to get the 3.2 upgrade from schnitzer turning it into a real S3 3.2, but Schnitzer came back saying no due to homolgation requirements.

I should never have sold it, foolish boy! You realise this after the fact.

post-281-1196748234_thumb.jpg

post-281-1196748305_thumb.jpg

NZ New too? I assumed it was a Japanese import as you see many of them come in with ACS kits. Yes you shouldn't have sold it! Front shot is beautiful. ^_^ You seem to have had your share of special cars, with the M3 sedan and this. :)

I simply get bored and start looking at something else. I have got a new golf tdi 4motion as I use for alot of km's I do each week, but until say a 335d m sport touring came along at the right price there is nothing of interest. I bought the red touring as a project and as a car for my wife as she kept hitting the front of the schnitzer on driveways and kerbs etc!

Hi, I am loking to replace the shocks on my e36 touring, they are shot. I would normally replace with OEM parts, but VJ at Page European suggests i would be just as well off with Monroe shocks. Apart from a cost saving what else are people using? I am keeping the car standard therefore wont be fitting mtech or bilsteins. Thanks

Heres some pricing - Monroes are good, upgraded a 325ic 1994 with Reflex's, the ride is much better, handles better

pricing as follows:

Autoalign Shops - on the BMW Car club supplier list they had the best price

better than the local garage

This was the final deal below for Monore Reflex's

Monroe - Fronts 229 / 96 Rear Mounts 60 $803 Including labour & alignment

Some pricing from the local garage:

Monroe - 256 Front - 116 Rear

Kaaba - 340 Front - 122 Rear

Gabriel - 193 Front - 136 Rear

Bilstein - 464 Front - 220 Rear

Quoted about 4.5 hours & $55 per hour fitting front & rear, plus rear shock mounts ($76ea), pricing from local garage, he has been pretty sharp on the pricing with everything else on the BMW - Hey - remember to add in a wheel aligment as well around $60inc

Edited by Simo

well i have a 325i 1992 that had M Spec in it and i replaced it all with Monroe Reflex shocks dam good ones and cheapest too, i thnk i paid bout 300 for the set