Sign in to follow this  
humz

bad camber 1986 e30

:unsure: howdy all im about to lower my 1986 e30 coupe just below my rear gaurds and 5-10 above my front gaurd. the problem im about to face is real bad camber.. could someone please help me find the right sergeon, please

Humz

Edited by OLLIE

You need to install either offset trailing arm bushes, or adjustable camber links. Neither are particularly cheap, but you will save your tyres.

Do a search on here for both and you should get some hits.

The front won't be too bad, but if you are concerned you can get top camber plates - again, not cheap.

You need to install either offset trailing arm bushes, or adjustable camber links. Neither are particularly cheap, but you will save your tyres.

Do a search on here for both and you should get some hits.

The front won't be too bad, but if you are concerned you can get top camber plates - again, not cheap.

hey mate thanks for your prompt reply, should i search on this sight or net?? my car is thy m10 /1986 e3o. would camber plates & off set trailer arm bushes work still??

I have adjustable rear camber and toe, this is acheived by slotting the trailing arm mounts, adding slotted plates to each end and replacing the stock bolts with ones that have eccentric washers welded to them. This provides enough adjustment for ~60mm lowering.

I will soon have adjustable front camber with the coilovers im getting.

Basically if you dont have a sizeable wallet dont bother. Raise your car to a level where camber is not an issue and you will be fine.

Cheers

Chris

P.S, Please observe Bimmersports policies on the English language, grammar and spelling are two things that are greatly appreciated on this forum.

P.P.S, Check out www.bmw2002.com for decent suspension parts.

Edited by Mc Lovin'

I have adjustable rear camber and toe, this is acheived by slotting the traling arm mounts, adding slotted plates to each end and replacing the stock bolts with ones that have eccentric washers welded to them. This provides enough adjustment for ~60mm lowering.

I will soon have adjustable front camber with the coilovers im getting.

Basically if you dont have a sizeable wallet dont bother. Raise your car to a level where camber is not an issue and you will be fine.

Cheers

Chris

P.S, Please observe Bimmersports policies on the English language, grammar and speeling are two things that are greatly appreciated on this forum.

P.P.S, Check out www.bmw2002.com for decent suspension parts.

*Spelling chris,spelling.

lol

mean brov thanks, for the grammer lesson and your (caber) help lol..Did you purchase your setup from www.bmw2002.com??

I was begining to think there was no answer to this problem, i definately want to eliminate bad camber.

Edited by humz

Bought my rear adjustment plates and eccentrics from bmw2002.com purchased my coilovers from jase @ C3 motorsport in Cali.

I meant search this site.

The link McLovin gave (bmw2002.com) sells the eccentric bushes etc. Good stuff.

I meant search this site.

The link McLovin gave (bmw2002.com) sells the eccentric bushes etc. Good stuff.

Thanks Bravo! I thought as much, cheers mate. I rang jeff at ireland engineering in california.. im definately purchasing the equipment needed to complete my ride and to enhance the classy european style correctly.