Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

which rims?

heres the options:

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres my car, what the rims are going on, maybe someone can do a photoshop job on it!?

Posted Image

let me know what ones you think will suit best

all feedback welcomed

cheers, blair

heres the options:

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres my car, what the rims are going on, maybe someone can do a photoshop job on it!?

Posted Image

let me know what ones you think will suit best

all feedback welcomed

cheers, blair

Go with the first option....the 2nd option will cost you more with the nuts...I was charged over $8 each per nut which ended up nearly $200 alone in nuts...go with the first option!

Go with the first option....the 2nd option will cost you more with the nuts...I was charged over $8 each per nut which ended up nearly $200 alone in nuts...go with the first option!

whays that? did you have the replace all the nuts? the price for the 2nd option is half the price of the 1st option!

do you get wheel studs with any of those wheels? looks like the mesh wheels will need a special 'thin head' or tuner style stud.

also you will probably need a 4x100 wheel rather than multi fit as the heads of the studs will probably stick out past the edge of the spacer. You may also have to chop the heads of your studs in half to accomodate a multi fit wheel.

just a few words of warning, I have come across this problem before.

cheers

Johno

Mag and Tyre Direct

If you are going to run bolt on adaptors and get your car certed what about these?

post-1835-1196924949_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenetti

dude you should have come and seen me :rolleyes: - that's what forum sponsors are for!!

whays that? did you have the replace all the nuts? the price for the 2nd option is half the price of the 1st option!

I have those rims, the 2nd option ones....The standard nuts aint fit because they need special nuts and are whats known as a thinner nuts, and they are obviously thinner and you need a special tool to bolt on the nuts.

When I got the mags, they didnt come with the nuts, I went to several tire stores including FireStone Direct asking for this kind of nut, the only place I found that sold them (but didnt have stock) was Mag and Turbo. I was charged $8.5 each which meant I paid $170 for nuts!. It was expensive but worth it I thought for as I saved heaps with the tires.

The wheels are great, so far its been attraction pulling...It turns heads at the fuel pumps which was awesome...Build quality is good, but not excellent, but what I would call bang for buck.

If you dont mind the extra costs in nuts and the extra efforts to put them on, I would go with the second option or ask to have the nuts included in the price...you may be lucky....

The 2nd option has that German Tuner look where as the 1st option is pretty much a Volks TE37 style, pretty Jap...but both look nice, its just a matter of doing some photoshopping to see which one turns out better.

My advice to you is to buy rims of all of the same width. Some people sell 7.5s front and 8.5" rears though this might look good and stuff, you wont be able to flip the wheels around when the time comes. Thus it is more logical to have the wheels of the same size so when it comes to switching them around, you wont have a problem.

Just my 2 Centz...Happy buying

dude you should have come and seen me :rolleyes: - that's what forum sponsors are for!!

I was in a hurry....yes got ripped...Ill def come for you next time...BTW I am having shakes at 60K+ something about the Hub Centric ring?

I was in a hurry....yes got ripped...Ill def come for you next time...BTW I am having shakes at 60K+ something about the Hub Centric ring?

correct pop in and see us and we should be able to sort it out.

We carry a huge range of wheel studs locating rings etc, that come with our wheels. A lot of people unfortunately fall into the trap of buying wheels because they are cheap but forget to add in all the extra costs like locating rings, new studs etc. Half the time it works out to be more expensive anyway!

do you get wheel studs with any of those wheels? looks like the mesh wheels will need a special 'thin head' or tuner style stud.

also you will probably need a 4x100 wheel rather than multi fit as the heads of the studs will probably stick out past the edge of the spacer. You may also have to chop the heads of your studs in half to accomodate a multi fit wheel.

just a few words of warning, I have come across this problem before.

cheers

Johno

Mag and Tyre Direct

If you are going to run bolt on adaptors and get your car certed what about these?

naaah dont like them sorry, thanks for the feedback got alot to think about before jumping into things!

hard to say but second one suit style of car better will look hot with a mtech kit ! :D

I really like the second ones, and once i get my engine sorted are probably going to be my next mod.

Some average photoshopping by me.

The first ones were on the wrong angle, so I put them on my car :).

post-805-1196931808_thumb.jpg

post-805-1196931901_thumb.jpg

Some average photoshopping by me.

The first ones were on the wrong angle, so I put them on my car :).

Hey bro, I reckon the first set prob suited your car more actually...

yeer the 1st 1s look goodon yr car!

thanks for spending the time on photoshop!

Yea def the first ones dont really like the 2nd ones kinda draw to much attention... in saying that im more into the drift look than anything blair. I'll just nag ya till u get the right ones anyway haha :D

I'm undecided. Each to there own but I personally dont like both of them. The first ones will highlight the strut and brakes which on the E30 arent particularly nice looking. The second set is similar feel but .. still not bulk enough.

Your original set seemed to provide better coverage, of those two though I'd probably go with the second option, keeping to the colour coding aspect rather than going wiht the silver mags on black car..

Edited by bmw3

Im really thinking number 1 now, number 2 was my first thought but they are a little bling for an e30

don't put on roman sandals with your three piece suit! Go genuine BMW alloys - heaps to choose from.

don't put on roman sandals with your three piece suit! Go genuine BMW alloys - heaps to choose from.

Sure....not even BMW Dealers get their mag wheels from the original catalouge you know? I know because I got the inside word....

Let me rephrase it, what I meant was not all of the wheels are from the BMW catalouge, I mean this applies to new cars too...When did BMW did a 19" for the E90? Right, the answer was never, when did BMW sack 20s on their 7s? Never...so some original BMW deals go with aftermarket....some....not all....only some....especially those with a more performance aggressive slanted ones...

Edited by international

Trying to find genuine BMW wheels for an e30 that aren't weaves or bottlecaps is near impossible.

I think everyone would prefer some deep dish BBS 16" 3 piece split rims, but unless you sell your house or first born and import them from overseas, you'll probably never get them.

Although I do see theres a e30 on trade me with hartege wheels on it going quite cheap.