Sign in to follow this  
Gus

M20B25

im not 100% sure yet, but i could be looking for a new engine....if anyone has a M20B25 (325i engine) from a facelift let me know (also the engine in the earlier e34 525's)

Guest Andrew

or late model 86'

The man has a point:

Any M20/B25 Motronic 1.1+ for gusmo.

I know that this is old news now, but if someone has an M20B25 engine for sale, I am assuming that they have an ECU to match.

I'll take the ECU.

Cheers

im not 100% sure yet, but i could be looking for a new engine....if anyone has a M20B25 (325i engine) from a facelift let me know (also the engine in the earlier e34 525's)

Hi,

Gus - this 323 has created some headaches, supposedly some of these came out with 2.5L (proir to 86)....I have the thing out of the car, computer and loom attached.

At this stage I only need the head, to get 88 525 up and running - I guess I'll figure it all out when both heads an sitting beside each other.

The only ID on engine I could find was tag on distributor ........ 025 ????

No 2.5 or 2.7 on head like E34 M20???

But anyway thats what I have, yet to establish exactly that...

cheers

MJ

well my car is going fine....so i should be ok......ask andrew about the head interchangeability...hes using a 323 head on a 325 block...estimated 9.5:1 compression after machining

Guest Andrew

Hi,

Gus - this 323 has created some headaches, supposedly some of these came out with 2.5L (proir to 86)....I have the thing out of the car, computer and loom attached.

At this stage I only need the head, to get 88 525 up and running - I guess I'll figure it all out when both heads an sitting beside each other.

The only ID on engine I could find was tag on distributor ........ 025 ????

No 2.5 or 2.7 on head like E34 M20???

But anyway thats what I have, yet to establish exactly that...

cheers

MJ

I have the pre facelift head (m20 b23) head on my facelift (m20 b25) block. When it was first popped on the pistons hit the head.. quite a bit had to be machined out of the combustion chamber.. and even then at 2000 rpm the pistons started hitting again. It was finally done correctly. It does produce a high compression though - the other advantage to the 323 head is that it has slightly smaller ports (its still a big port head however) and it creates loads of low down torque.